Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I don't think I would buy a helmet from wal-mart, alot of manufactures specifically make products for stores. For instance car tires, Good Year, Michelin, and a few others make tires for Sears, walmart. I didn't believe a guy when he told me that, but he showed me right on the side wall. The tires were made out of a cheaper composit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw those the other day. I can't say that I was real impressed with them. They may be ok, but not for me.

Ron

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
WalMart has been selling lids for a while, dirt and street. However, like I said in an earlier post, if you pick up the newest Motorcyclist Magazine (June issue), they review the lids and the processes it goes through to get certified by DOT/SNELL/ECE. The ones that are selling at like PepBoys and a few other major retailers actually got better ratings (less G forces to your head) than the Shoei, Suomy, Arai, AGV and others.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Well.... Bell always made good bicycle helmets, this is the first ive heard of their motorcycle helmets.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
The Idea behind Wallie-World selling Lids is because of Pocket Bikes... parents are buying them on the street corner...and think that if they can pick up a lid at Wallie-World for cheap then their kids would be OK... :seeya:

·
Registered
893 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
Well.... Bell always made good bicycle helmets, this is the first ive heard of their motorcycle helmets.
That's because you're way too young to remember when Bell was a common motorcycle helmet brand :D

(And actually, they have made nice racing helmets in recent years, and had a good contingency program. In '00 I was racing with a Bell M4 helmet and received a fairly good bit of cash from them in contingency money for winning/podiuming races).

- Roach

·
Registered
461 Posts
The WalMart superstore in Port Orange which is adjacent to Daytona to the south, sells these in the store. There is 1/3 of a full length isle with motorcycle stuff - covers, helmets, nets, etc. Most of it is Bell. None of it is choice stuff by my standards, but its neat to see it in the store. None of the other Wal Marts in the Daytona area carry it though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I believe Bell also still makes helmets for car racing. As was already stated, over the years, Bell has made some pretty good cycle helmets.

Ron

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
What makes it suspect is the fact that its at Wal-Mart. Perhaps these helmets are meant for thier scooters and pocket bikes only.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Low said:
The Idea behind Wallie-World selling Lids is because of Pocket Bikes... parents are buying them on the street corner...and think that if they can pick up a lid at Wallie-World for cheap then their kids would be OK... :seeya:
as posted earlier..

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
yes, but i mean specificly for them. Non highway use.

:whore: BAM!!
I doubt that, it is DOT approved, here is the full description.
Description

Bell Zephyr Full-Face Helmet With Shield features:
DOT certified safety from the #1 helmet brand
Special race-bred graphics
Full-face, full-shield protection perfect for longer rides on the street or track
Class leading fit, finish and ventilation
Aerodynamic full-face shape with distortion-free, removable shield
Washable liner and pads
Tinted VESC -- 8 approved shields sold separately
Adjustable and replaceable distortion-free shield
Available in black or red with track-inspired graphics
Small = Hat Size: 6 1/2 - 6 7/8
Medium = Hat Size: 6 7/8 - 7 1/4
Large = Hat Size: 7 1/4 - 7 5/8
Extra Large = Hat Size: 7 5/8 - 8

Specifications
Shipping weight in pounds: 3.55