Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine really wants to get into motorcycling. Unfortunatly he is dirt poor. Anyone know of a cheap sub 1000$ that their uncle bob might have sitting in the garage collecting dust? In the PA area hopefully. Thanks guys :wink:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
York PA here, so are several other members as well..

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I'm from York. :lol: But you already knew that. :dthumb:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
what type (or style) of bike are you looking for? Cruiser or sport bike?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Check out ebay! Buy a wrecked bike and then buy replacement parts on ebay as well!! BANG!!! CHEAP BIKE!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
drstrangenorm said:
A friend of mine really wants to get into motorcycling. Unfortunatly he is dirt poor. Anyone know of a cheap sub 1000$ that their uncle bob might have sitting in the garage collecting dust? In the PA area hopefully. Thanks guys :wink:
Here you go http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6718&item=4520949568&rd=1. A great bike to learn on, work on, and it's nearby. Everything's been done to it that I would do, and more. If I lived back east, I would bid on it.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
that is a pretty sick bike for that price

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Heck if I had the cash I'd buy that bike for my father! He had a old 73 Yam RD1 back in the day...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was looking to sell my bike come spring, but if you're interested I have a 1982 Yamaha XJ650J. I'm in Michigan but I do have access to a truck that could be used for transportation. It was bought so I wouldn't wreck a new bike while learning to ride!

After this picture was taken it got new tires, new battery, new mirrors, new grips, and new driver peg covers. I believe there are about 26,000 miles on it but I would have to check to be sure (currently in my grandparents heated garage for the winter). I put about 3,000 on it last year. My stepdad bought it, so it's actually his to sell. I'm guessing $1500. Let me know if you are interested and I can get the details on it straightened out.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
There you go drstrangenorm....that looks likes a nice one. :dthumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Becca_007 said:
I was looking to sell my bike come spring, but if you're interested I have a 1982 Yamaha XJ650J. I'm in Michigan but I do have access to a truck that could be used for transportation. It was bought so I wouldn't wreck a new bike while learning to ride!

After this picture was taken it got new tires, new battery, new mirrors, new grips, and new driver peg covers. I believe there are about 26,000 miles on it but I would have to check to be sure (currently in my grandparents heated garage for the winter). I put about 3,000 on it last year. My stepdad bought it, so it's actually his to sell. I'm guessing $1500. Let me know if you are interested and I can get the details on it straightened out.

That does look like a great deal. I'll have to get to my buddy today with the info.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Ive got a similar yamaha at my house as well.. they're pretty much bullet proof for new riders!! that'd be a good choice.. but I had to get rid of the ape bars though!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
That 650 looks brand new. Didn't know Yamaha made the 650 with a shaft. My 79 GS 1000 came with similar pull-back handlebars. I replaced them within a week with a K&N superbike bar which worked great. Actually on my fourth set of bars as I crashed once on ice and tipped it over in the garage twice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts