Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas Man said:
Yeah not sure if it actually performs like a true wave rotor.
If it does, then it would definately ROCK!

Although taken from another topic here on TWF, what is this? What are the advantages? Etc... Splain please, I think they look good, but if there is no other added feature to it, then why do it besides the customization look?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
This is all u need to know about wave rotors.. They Rock !!!!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need4Speed said:
This is all u need to know about wave rotors.. They Rock !!!!!

Splain please... I understand doing it for looks, but what are like the performance benefits to it?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
really, there arent that many.. wave rotors, for street bikes are mainly just for bling.. some say they are built better, better quality ..which I'd probably agree they are, since they are custom made, and the ones on this bike were custom cut just for him.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha...And the more you know...

But what's this stuff about warping? Like from over-use/heat or just from the bike sitting in a stationary position?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
BZZZZZZ!!! Wrong N4S!... While there are many squids out there that would do it just for bling. The reason is for better cooling so you don't super heat your rotors and warp them. They also extend brake pad life! Wave rotors are awesome for the track and that's where most sportbikes get their ideas from anyway!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gas Man said:
BZZZZZZ!!! Wrong N4S!... While there are many squids out there that would do it just for bling. The reason is for better cooling so you don't super heat your rotors and warp them. They also extend brake pad life! Wave rotors are awesome for the track and that's where most sportbikes get their ideas from anyway!

Ah, I see said the newbie...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
What is that like your favorite phrase or somin?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts