Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yikes: Coming home from church earlier with my wife on the back, a big F150 ran a red light. I just saw it out of the corner of my eye and I hammered it hoping that he would atleast miss my wife. He didn't even swerve, but did hit the brakes just enough to miss me then kept on going. I pulled over and let the wife relax. She was shaking pretty bad and crying, I was shaking pretty bad good. He couldn't have missed us by more than a few inches.

I would be just fine if that didn't happen again.

· Registered
1,397 Posts
WOW! Scary stuff. I hope it hasnt soured your wife or you self to riding. These are the things we tell others to watch for so we should understand its potential to us as well. Good thing you had an hand full of throttle you couldnt have done more. Peace out! Be safe. And If the wife takes time respect it. She was on back with no controll at all so she may not give in right away to testing fait. Just understand her and she will come around. God bless

· Registered
4,338 Posts
Glad to hear that you didn't get hit. I always hated those close calls. No matter how careful WE are, we can't control the idiots that are out there. Be safe and always keep your eyes and ears open.

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Glad to hear that you didn't get hit. I always hated those close calls. No matter how careful WE are, we can't control the idiots that are out there. Be safe and always keep your eyes and ears open.
:withstupi Glad you came out OK! And hopefully it won't shake the wife up enough to not ride again...

· Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pigface1 said:
Glad you made it. Something similar just happened to me. Everytime I don't get scared, just very pissed off. How f'n hard is it for people to pay attention when they're driving? :cursin:
Actually it's quite hard to do while talking on the phone, eating a burger while trying to light a cigerette. :bash:

· Registered
2,546 Posts
Thanks man. . Here's what pisses me off even more. Suppose there was a cop around and he pulled them over. If the driver was sober, they'd get a ticket. If the driver was drunk, they'd go to jail.

What's the difference?!?! You're a danger, or you're not.

· Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,176 Posts
bumblebee said:
I had a buddy in college, back in the 70's, that could drive his buick 225 with his knee while eating a burger with one hand and rolling a doob with the other...
:lol:Talented :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.