Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After drooling over the WRX's :drool: for a while now. I finely had an excuse to look for a new car. My wife's 2001 Saturn SE got some electrical problems. Out of warranty and the dealer was just chasing the problem.
She wonted something 4X4 or all wheel drive. I asked her what she wonted.
She replied, I wont something 4 wheel drive but, I don't like SUV's and we already have a pickup.

I suggested we go to the Subaru dealer and she said, I kinda like the Baja's.
I asked her what she thought of the Impreza's (with other motives in mind)
She didn't know but would look. (Wahooooo I thought to my self)

01/22/05
First thing we saw when pulling into the lot was a used white on gold WRX STi.
She said, I like that allot, see how much it is (WaHoooo again)

Long story short the used WRX was a rode hard and put up wet repo. :leaving:
We got a 05 blue on silver WRX STi.

On the ride home (I only got to drive on the test drive :sob: ) She said, Damn this thing is fast! Can you make it faster?
01/23/04
It snowed all night and the WRX was left alone in the garage. :sob:
01/24/05
I have managed to log 118 miles on her (the WRX) today while the wife was at work.
I had to go to her work and steal it and take it back before she got off. (it is her car)
I went in and the first thing out of her mouth was, What are you smiling about.
I don't think I need to explain that here. :drool:
I'll post some pic's after I clean the snow and salt.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Sounds like you are a very happy man right now. :dthumb: Congrats on the new car.

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEP! :willy:
Maybe happier in a few months if I decide to get my owen! :drool:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I was looking up the pics for your new car and can not find the one Blue on Silver. Did you take pics yet? If so...you know the drill. Post them up.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Niiice! Those are sweet looking cars! Wouldn't mind having one of those! *hint hint DJ*

:nopicsbs:

Hee hee... First time I got to use this!!!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Good car man! :dthumb: I have several friends out in Bellingham, Wa. that own them and they swear by them. They live where there are real twistys and Lot'sa rain. I have driven one or two and they scootin' little cars.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
They come with some pretty nice horsepower don't they?? I have known a few that have owned them and they said they are very happy with them. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ask Mrs shan..maybe you can justify it to her..if u rationalize it very well, u might be able to fit 2 car seats in one just right! :lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've been a big Subaru fan my whole life thanks to the WRC. I've allways wanted a 2.5rs but they are getting hard to find in good condition. Maybe in the next year or 2 i will break down and buy a new wrx. I would rather have an older one because i want to get into rallying, and don't want to trash a new one.

Congrats on the new wheels :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
I like WRX, wouldn't mind one myself!
:withstupi

But I went with the AWD SUV for the wifey. Either way, had it out this last w/e and it handled great in the snow we got! Just takes some getting use to, when the AWD kicks in and starts compensation. But I got use to it and it then rocked!!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Gas Man said:
:withstupi

But I went with the AWD SUV for the wifey. Either way, had it out this last w/e and it handled great in the snow we got! Just takes some getting use to, when the AWD kicks in and starts compensation. But I got use to it and it then rocked!!!

Surprisingly enough you "think" the AWD kicked in but it was probably already engaged long before that. A week ago I was out for some winter testing on AWD vehicles. When people think they feel it kick it, 99% of the time it was already engaged. What you are feeling is at a given point the "major" correction when slippage begins. It surprised me because I thought I could easily tell when my wifes AWD kicks in. These test vehicles have an indicator which shows and I was surprised since 99% of time you never notice or know when it activates. The new systems are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Congratulations.. I wish I'd held off a year and got the STi too, but I absolutely love my WRX. One of the best cars I've owned. I pray for snow. :here: :here: :here: :cheers:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ace said:
Surprisingly enough you "think" the AWD kicked in but it was probably already engaged long before that. A week ago I was out for some winter testing on AWD vehicles. When people think they feel it kick it, 99% of the time it was already engaged. What you are feeling is at a given point the "major" correction when slippage begins. It surprised me because I thought I could easily tell when my wifes AWD kicks in. These test vehicles have an indicator which shows and I was surprised since 99% of time you never notice or know when it activates. The new systems are pretty sweet.
:jacked:
I guess that wouldn't surprise me. I know one thing...for a smaller SUV it will go thru a 2 and half foot drift with minimal effort! :dthumb:

·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
ask Mrs shan..maybe you can justify it to her..if u rationalize it very well, u might be able to fit 2 car seats in one just right! :lol:
It would be quit easy to put some large child seats in the back! :lol:
This thing is a real grocery getter!

·
Registered
338 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
Niiice! Those are sweet looking cars! Wouldn't mind having one of those! *hint hint DJ*

:nopicsbs:

Hee hee... First time I got to use this!!!
:lol: I love your avatar...That should be my motto :bonk:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts