Two Wheel Forums banner

Where do you get your weather predictions?

• The Weather Channel (tv and/or web)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Accu Weather

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Weather Bug

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Nation Weather Service website

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Local weather channel (tv and/or web)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Other...please explain!

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I heard on the news that a mayor in Moscow wants weathermen to get fined for in-correct predictions. Man I wish they had that here in Michigan... so it brought me to think about where I get my weather from...

Accu Weather

Weather Channel.com

National Weather Service

The last one is my favorite!!! It rocks...

Of coarse some of you probably use your local weather channel... ABC, NBC, FOX, ect...

EDIT: You can vote for as many as apply to you!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i look at the radar on the weather bug, and show it in motion. if it dont look like its gonna hit them im riding. even if the forcast says its like 75% chance. make up ur own weather.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I ask the women what it is to do and she tells me. I really am not the type that cares to much.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
jeeps84 said:
All the above! It just depend where Im at.
:iagree: I use them all and try to use the average between them all... none of them will ever be completely right... So we just have to hope they are close...
- :spam:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys can vote for multiples!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That natl weather website ROCKS!!! Their radar rocks and so does their predictions!! Anybody that can even get close to predicting MI weather is doing good!!!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Accu Weather because Twisty says so and since I have been using it and listening to the speedmaster I haven't been caught in the rain yet.. Coincedence? I think not.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Accu Weather because Twisty says so and since I have been using it and listening to the speedmaster I haven't been caught in the rain yet.. Coincedence? I think not.
Ok cut him off… no more alcohol for /\ :nonod:

- :flush:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
For temperature, I check my digital thermometer outside the back door. The local weather comes from the airport, which is 30 miles away. But the weather is so variable around here, the airport might as well be in another state. I like to check the Weather Channel to get the big picture.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
No Worries said:
For temperature, I check my digital thermometer outside the back door. The local weather comes from the airport, which is 30 miles away. But the weather is so variable around here, the airport might as well be in another state. I like to check the Weather Channel to get the big picture.
As long as Storm stories isn't on! :cursin: Allways when I want a quick look. :cursin: :cursin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hell I live in the midwest. We look out side in the morning and see what the weather is like. The bottom 10 percent of the people around here can do a better job than the top 10 percent of the local weather guys. :bash:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use weather.com or turn on channel 27 (weather channel) and wait for my 'local on the 8's', lol.

Our local weatherman got fined, and is currently spending 5 years in jail. Not for inaccurate predictions, but because he got caught trying to set up a sex date with a 15 year old boy over the internet, which was actually an undercover cop, hahahah. :disapp:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
4krysia said:
i hate weatherchannel.com - zillions of adverts.

national weather service's site is good.
Yeah, I love it!! Good radar and accurate weather predictions!! or as accurate as you can get in Michigan... :bash:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts