Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to go down to my local shop to look around and drool and found the bike that i want. a brand new Kawasaki ZX636 :D they want $8800 for it which i didn't think was too bad since it has 0 miles and the GSXR600 is $9000. the other nice thing is that one of my friends works there and can hook me up on gear :D now if i could just get the money together....

Late

Darksyde
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
Darksyde said:
now if i could just get the money together....

Late

Darksyde
:luck: It never hurts to go Green....But just don't put yourself thru too much strain... to get a bike... :2cents:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
:luck: :twfrox: :thumbs: :luck: :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Well...let us know if you get it and pics if you do.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Very good choice there Darksyde!!!

Does anybody know what the dealer invoice is on a new 636???? That would be some good info for ya!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gas Man said:
Very good choice there Darksyde!!!

Does anybody know what the dealer invoice is on a new 636???? That would be some good info for ya!!!!
why, thank you:D

and that's a good point! the cheaper i can get the bike, the sooner i can get it! one thing i really like about this paticular bike is that it's a color i've never seen them in before. i've seen the bright orange, green, blue, and silver ones, but this one is a real dark orange. it's almost the copper color on the new SV650.

Late

Darksyde
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Dark... do you mean orange like my 9R...

Look at my TWF gallery... Linky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
yeah, gas man thinks his orange ninja is just da bomb!! :lol:

Good luck w/the new ride!!
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
yeah, gas man thinks his orange ninja is just da bomb!! :lol:

Good luck w/the new ride!!

It is!!! DUH!!! :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gas Man said:
Dark... do you mean orange like my 9R...

Look at my TWF gallery... Linky
actually it's a darker orange than that. i've never seen it before, so i don't know if it's a new color for 05 or what, but i'll try to find some pics of it.

Late

Darksyde
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
Darksyde said:
...a brand new Kawasaki ZX636 :D they want $8800 for it ...the GSXR600 is $9000.
Sounds like the dealer is over-charging. MSRP for the GSXR-600 is only 8299. Even the anniversary edition GSXR-600 is only 8599 MSRP. I have a friend that works at a dealership and invoice on the GSXRs is about $900 less than MSRP. Yamaha was the same way, but I don't know for sure on the Kawi. I would imagine it would be $8-900 less than MSRP. Granted, the dealer will add $1-200 for dealer prep :rolleyes: but you should still be able to get out the door for around MSRP TOTAL + maybe a bit for taxes. You won't be able to talk them down a LOT on an '05 model, especially as we get closer to spring, but you shouldn't have to pay over MSRP, either.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
I didn't even think of that Captain. :thumbs: Sound more like a price for a new 04 1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Captain Morgan said:
Sounds like the dealer is over-charging. MSRP for the GSXR-600 is only 8299. Even the anniversary edition GSXR-600 is only 8599 MSRP. I have a friend that works at a dealership and invoice on the GSXRs is about $900 less than MSRP. Yamaha was the same way, but I don't know for sure on the Kawi. I would imagine it would be $8-900 less than MSRP. Granted, the dealer will add $1-200 for dealer prep :rolleyes: but you should still be able to get out the door for around MSRP TOTAL + maybe a bit for taxes. You won't be able to talk them down a LOT on an '05 model, especially as we get closer to spring, but you shouldn't have to pay over MSRP, either.
thanks for the info! i'm definetely going to have to do some searching on the net and see if i can find the invoice for one and see what the difference is. i was hoping to avoid the dealer set up but they didn't have one in the crate and are only going to be getting 2 or 3 of them this year so that sux.

Late

Darksyde
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
found some pics of the color and the msrp is $8599 and they are asking $8699.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
Darksyde said:
found some pics of the color and the msrp is $8599 and they are asking $8699.
Ok, here is a link to find out dealer invoice. http://www.bikesatcost.com/ It will cost you $10-12, but if you can argue more than that off what you could normally argue down to, it will be worth it. I would imagine that invoice on that bike will be about $7700. Then they will add prep to it, so you can figure their "cost" to be no more than $7900. With it being an '05 model, you will have a tough time getting them to come down on price, so you will have to go into the dealer several different days and ask questions about several different bikes. You will also have to be a harda$$ and not be afraid to walk out the door if they won't deal. You can always try the, "here's my number, call me if you come to your senses" line as you're leaving. Just make sure you wait for them to call you. If they don't, you can always go back in after a couple days and ask if they've changed their minds yet. For the best price on an '05, plan to spend the majority of the day at the dealership until you get the best price possible. If you're good, you should be able to get that bike for $8200 (or less) plus taxes and extended warranty (if you want one). If you can't get them down to the price you want to pay, then try to get them to throw in some extra gear with sticker prices of the amount you want off (ie, you want $200 more of the price of the bike, so find a jacket or helmet marked at $200). That way, you effectively get the bike at the price you want and the dealer doesn't actually come down that full amount because he has a markup on the item that he's giving you.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
That's pretty cool there Capt!!

AND DARK....THAT BIKE IS AWESOME LOOKING!!!!! :drool: :dthumb:

GET THAT ONE!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I haven't used this but you can check it out

When buying a new motorcycle do not pay for them putting it together. Is it your fault that it wasnt shipped assembled? depending on what time of the month you buy you might even get the salesman to give up his commision to make the sale (if he needs the numbers for some production incentive)
http://www.cyclebuy.com/

A friend of mine got one of thoes a couple weeks ago. He let me ride it. What they were saying about the tach is true, it is pretty much worthless. Most of the time you can't even see what speed you are going. I didn't think that the engine was that bad. You can rev the he77 out of it (compared to mine). I thought it was a little more comfortable that the ZX-10. Better seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,394 Posts
Darksyde said:
the cheaper i can get the bike, the sooner i can get it! one thing i really like about this paticular bike is that it's a color i've never seen them in before.
Why not get a used one. A 1994 or later ZX is less than half the price, has a bigger fairing, and is probably a better street bike. Then bring it to a painter for the exact color you want. Plus, if you do the prep work yourself, you will have a closer bond with the bike. The Kawasaki graphic decals can be purchased from the dealer or online. If you use paint and graphics from an '05 on your older model, everyone will think it's new, but you will have paid much less, and the insurance will be relatively cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
officially the best 6r made
you cant go wrong with green
if you say a gixxer 600 or 750 is better than a 05 636 your on crack..
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top