1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$30 - Dinner for two
FREE - Tickets
FREE - parking

We went downtown last night to attend the inaugural game of the Huntsville Havoc (formerly the Channel Cats). We had dinner at a local place before and parked at Big Spring Park downtown. It was a metered spot, but after 5pm so free.

We're walking to the arena and some guy GIVES us tickets, before I can get to the ticket window to buy them. How about that? The tickets were general admission and worth only $7 a piece, but so what? The arena only holds about 5,000 so it's not like there is a bad seat anywhere.

Good game, they won 4-1 and the whole night cost me $30. Had that been an NHL game, the parking alone would have been a third of that alone.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Glad to hear you had a great night last night. Always a good thing when getting stuff for free. Sorry it wasn't a NHL but maybe soon. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Watching minor league hockey, and the like, is just as exciting, if not more these days.

congrats on the tickets boss! :cheers: ..That's cool that the better half likes hockey too!

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John said:
I wanted to go but had things to do :( . Was there a good turn out.

I think the official tally was over 3K, not too bad.

Do you play or just go to the games?

·
Registered
174 Posts
3k is not bad at all, beats the crap out of 10-15 heads for the basketball team they have.
No I don't play. Me on ice hehehe :nono:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Sweet Shan! We have the Motor City Mechanics up here... I think I'm gonna try to catch a few of thier games this year...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
The Hershey Bears, here in south central PA...that's some good hockey too!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
The Hershey Bears, here in south central PA...that's some good hockey too!

Yes they are great to go see. I used to get to watch them for free when I played hockey. They used to play on the same pick up leagues I did and always gave me tickets. :) Like Shan got them, can't argue with free. :)

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pickle.of.doom said:
Sweet Shan! We have the Motor City Mechanics up here... I think I'm gonna try to catch a few of thier games this year...

You've got the Griffins in Grand Rapids too, just take 96 west for a couple hours. :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
ECHL in Pensacola....

Hey Everybody... :seeya:

Yeah, I think the minor league hockey is excellent in just about any town. My team won thier home opener, and my seats rocked. It was close, the other teamed jumped on us early, but the final score.... 5-4, "PILOTS WIN" :here:

:redmc:
Steve.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Don't forget the Plymouth Whalers - $8 per seat isn't bad. I think they have like a family pack for 4 tickets, 4 dogs, 4 cokes for $20 or something also.. I am going to hit a few games this year - it is 2 minutes from the house..

·
Registered
519 Posts
Man, I wish I could go to a game. Its been two season since I saw the last one. The birth of my son prevents it because I'm not the most polite fan, which makes things really interesting in the minor leagues where there are kids everywhere. I don't let that stop me much, though. Nothing like seats behind the visiting penalty box :thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts