Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I wound up having to ride home in the dark with heavy rain (first rain ride) last night and a helmet that WOULD NOT QUIT FOGGING :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Anyway, whenever I came to a stop I smelled something like burning plastic and saw what was either smoke or steam (leaning toward steam 'cause of the rain) coming off the bike. Inspecting it when I got home didn't turn up any obvious burnt objects but...

Is it normal for a new bike, in the rain to have a somewhat burnt plastic smell or is there something I should be looking for?

Thanks all!

:bluemc:
-G

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Plastic burning smell????? :confused:

Not plastic burning but steam off the pipes can be normal... keep on eye on your fluid levels.... you can't burn fluids...ie, coolant or oil without loosing some!

As far as helmet steamin... just open it a bit at the light... no real good fix other than to clean it with some anti-fog...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, ok, not 'plastic' I guess. It was the same smell that came off the bike after I melted my JR 5.0s to the exhaust manifold...but I thought all that burned away weeks ago. It definitely wasn't coolant burning (not that sick, sweet smell) but I suppose it "could" have been oil? I would be surprised though with the bike only being a month old on the road....

Thanks for the info though, Gas!

:bluemc:
-G

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Hey that's what we're here for if not for just pure :whore:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts