Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Any desent mods you will do to your R6 will also benifit the overall performence of the bike even on the street. I would strongly suggest you save your $$$, do a few track days and see what you think.

Then for your first mod, get your fork fluid changed and your suspension setup correctly.

Second, if you still feel the need to go faster and believe you're our riding your suspension..then use all that $$$ you saved and get a nice Ohlins fork and shock setup.

Third, possibly changing your gearing.

Forth, race plastics would be a good help and would help eliminate some weight from the plastics and the lights from stock.

Lastly, look into some engine mods to gain some more hp.

my :2cents:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Hey I know! I've learned a few things over the years... but I always say that before you go out and spend like $5K on a aftermarket suspension, make sure you have your stock one all tuned in!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm not saying I'm 100% right on this, and Twisty would know better on this than me. But I believe alot of newer tires, such as Pilot Powers, would be more than sufficient on a track. Tires have come a long way even in the last few years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts