Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what do you carry in your bike always? I have my Suzuki tool kit, Insurance, Registeration, owners manual, and kickstand footie (thanks Gas). Tire pressuer gauge, and some times a hat.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've got my sunpass mounted on the underside of the seat so I don't have to stop for toll booths, then the toolkit that came with the bike, extra pair of sunglasses, my cable and lock, tire pressure gauge, any needed paperwork and documentation, and a couple shop rags.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Manual and legals in a ziploc bag, factory tool kit, air pressure guage and pump sprayer of soap and water to clean shield with shop towel

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That pump seems like it would be too big to go under a seat... oh well..

Good thread JK!

I keep my documents (reg & Ins) under the seat as well in a zip lock with my owners manual. I also keep the stock tool kit, 2 kickstand pucks (one for me and one extra for whomever), a digital tire gauge, 2 pairs of gloves (one I'll be wearing), a cable and lock to lock up my jacket on the bike, and when on WOS rides a digital camera.

I think that's it..... :scratch: WOW, that's alot... and to think my trunk shrunk when I put the undertail on it! Use to be able to get a 20oz pop back there too..

·
Registered
137 Posts
250 watt amp, old napkins, food crumbs, a pen or two, spare change, maybe a binky....oh, you mean the bike?

Tire pressure guage, paperwork, and tool kit. The '05 has squat for space, just the stock tools and paperwork for now.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I don't know yet, but it'll probably be much like what you guys/girls have in yours.

Gas Man,

What are these "stand pucks" that you said you have? What do they do? How much? How well do they work?

Thanks,

G

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Hmm lets see..... Registration, proof of insurance, suzuki tool kit, gas tank prop rod, spray can of plexus, spray can of chain lube, a couple of shop rags to clean the bike or helmet. Sometimes I try to shove a 20 oz in there at times.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The pucks GM is talkin about go under your kickstand. They come in all shapes & sizes , say 3 by 3 and 1/4 inch thick . They keep your bike from sinking in the hot pavement . Insted of 1 square inch all the weight is on ,its on like 9 .Sucks to think your bike is gonna be ok only to come out of a store and see your bike on its side .

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep what Super said!

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
Yeah, the pucks are a great idea!

I keep my docs in a ziplock bag, factory toolkit, cellphone, disc lock (however useful that damn thing is!), helmet liner/balaclava (for when it gets cold and I want to keep my neck and chin warm), and my gun.

No, the gun and the balaclava are NOT used together!! :yikes:

Cheers!

·
Banned
3,078 Posts

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Sime said:
Yeah, the pucks are a great idea!

I keep my docs in a ziplock bag, factory toolkit, cellphone, disc lock (however useful that damn thing is!), helmet liner/balaclava (for when it gets cold and I want to keep my neck and chin warm), and my gun.

No, the gun and the balaclava are NOT used together!! :yikes:

Cheers!
what the hell....a gun......dam hommie :chill: :lol:

and i still say i have to see a bike sink in pavement to believe it.......maybe dirt but pavement :scratch:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I carry my gun under the seat cowl too. I got my CCW license early this year. I had it strapped to my back one time, and a cop pulled up next to me and pointed to my gun on my back. I forgot I had it on there, so when I went to take off I felt it, I was like Oh that's what he was pointing at. So from now on I carry it in the cowl.

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
bulldog said:
and i still say i have to see a bike sink in pavement to believe it.......maybe dirt but pavement :scratch:
They're not talking about a concrete pavement (which is what I think you're referring to), they're talking about ashphalt. When that gets hot, it turns all gooey. A sidestand will punch right through hot ashphalt, and a bike can tip over!!

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
bulldog said:
what the hell....a gun......dam hommie :chill: :lol:
BTW, just because I am now out riding on my bike and having fun doesn't mean it completely indemnifies me against all possible evil! Bad $hi# can happen at anytime, anywhere. Too many unsuspecting, unprepared, naieve people have found that out in the most extreme way. A criminal always goes prepared, so why shouldn't we even the score?

I don't need to chill.....My firearm IS my reality pill. :dthumb:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Just the normal stuff for me.
Add a plug and inflation kit.
No cleaner unless I'm on a long trip.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Sime said:
BTW, just because I am now out riding on my bike and having fun doesn't mean it completely indemnifies me against all possible evil! Bad $hi# can happen at anytime, anywhere. Too many unsuspecting, unprepared, naieve people have found that out in the most extreme way. A criminal always goes prepared, so why shouldn't we even the score?

I don't need to chill.....My firearm IS my reality pill. :dthumb:
:iagree: :dthumb:

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
good points, one of our better threads if i must say so.... :pat: :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
GAS MAN i wanted that foot stand thingy, u basterd, lol JK

anyway i got just enough room for the paperwork in a ziplock under my tool kit. sunglasses and hat. and then smash it all donw cause there is barely enough room for that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts