Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What about this for an exhaust (attn: Speedwerks)?

I know it ain't a full system, but it's kinda expensive right now to get a full system.

**Upgrades in the process of doing**
- Vortex Frame Sliders
- Lightning Performance Swingarm Sliders
- Hotbodies Undertail / Fender kit

This is the exhaust that I was thinking. It's only a slip-on, but I figure it's good for now until I have the extra cash.

Speedwerks, what's your opinion (since it's on your site!)

Should I get this exhaustt?

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I'm not familiar with that brand on a R6.
I'm sure its fine but, cant you find any thing else?

I know SpeedWreks will steer you straight.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
SpeedWerks doesn't know how to have bad customer support!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas Man said:
SpeedWerks doesn't know how to have bad customer support!
No, no they don't Gas Man. I think I definitely can agree with you on that one! :withstupi I called them yesterday, I'm going to say that I spoke with Laura, wow was she ever so helpful and nice. It was amazing.

Most of the time when I go to the local shop and ask about a part, they just throw out the most expensive and/or don't know what they are talking about as far as fitting my 2005 R6. Like you, they recommended Micron exhaust but were like, "OH, don't worry. A full system for that bike will only be like $600 total, plus installation which will kick it to like $750 completely installed." Um...I'd have to call :wbs: on that one!

Thanks again SPEEDWERKS! :pat: :dthumb: :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll probably get the slipon that I posted here or the Arata. I'm not sure yet. Still gotta do some HW on it. I don't have the cash right now for a full system but the stock can is way too large so I'm gonna replace that.

I'm waiting on ordering a undertail kit too, so that'll take priority over a full exhaust system. That's another reason for a slip-on right now. As also was recommended by Laura, thanks again!

G

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
what color is your r6? i said this b4 and i will say it again, a highmount blue fusion micron on an R6 is Hands Down the best looking slip on for a blue R6 that is if its blue. and plus Micron is still one of the better slip ons.

but i will tell you just so u knwo MICRON when they warm up the pipe looks as if it is spider cracking but its not, i called micron and they said that there finnish will do that when it gets hot, and if you ride it for like a half hour straight the finish looks as if its got metal flake in it, which i think looks cool. and then when it cools off it goes back to normal. its freaking weird.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zx636r said:
solution micron black/red fusion. o yeah
Bike looks decent, I think. I'm happy. Gonna get an R1 or something like that in about two years though. I may turn the R6 into straight racer cause my friend can get me sponsored by the same dealer that he is sponsored through. I'm looking into it.

Duh...Should I? I mean, after I get more riding time under the old belt... :scratch:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Bike looks decent, I think. I'm happy. Gonna get an R1 or something like that in about two years though. I may turn the R6 into straight racer cause my friend can get me sponsored by the same dealer that he is sponsored through. I'm looking into it.

Duh...Should I? I mean, after I get more riding time under the old belt... :scratch:

First...Nice bike. Looks great. All you need is now the new pipe.

Now about the racing if that is what you are asking. It should only be up to you. Yes alot of ppl may tell you to and even your friends. However, they are not you. Everyone rides at different levels. You may be able to do 140 in a nice straight away, but what are you going to do when that roads curves at a 65 degree turn and you are still at 130mph? Racing is not for everyone. Have you been to a track day? If not, you should try it and see how you feel on a track and if its for you or not.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
First...Nice bike. Looks great. All you need is now the new pipe.

Now about the racing if that is what you are asking. It should only be up to you. Yes alot of ppl may tell you to and even your friends. However, they are not you. Everyone rides at different levels. You may be able to do 140 in a nice straight away, but what are you going to do when that roads curves at a 65 degree turn and you are still at 130mph? Racing is not for everyone. Have you been to a track day? If not, you should try it and see how you feel on a track and if its for you or not.
Advice well taken and dually noted. I'm told I'm decent when people see me riding around here (there are some twisties and straights). People are actually surprised when I tell them how long I've been riding for, they are like "Wow, you're really good for a person who's been riding so short time."

As for Track Days, well, I'm not planning on going to them until I get my full set of leathers. I don't wanna do it without them. Plus I wanna get rid of like the stock pegs and get the ones that give a little better ground clearance. I don't know about new rearsets yet though.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Sounds good. Great to hear you know about a full set of leathers to protect yourself first before you think of going to the track. :dthumb: The pegs are a good idea but not as important if your not going to be leaning that hard. Can you get down far enough to drag a knee? Not a big deal if you can or not. Just asking for the peg issue. If your not getting down that far, the pegs shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Good to hear about your riding abilty already. Like I said a bit ago, everyone rides at different levels. After you get to the track and try it out a few times, you'll know if your going to want to do it more or not. Most likely...you will. :lol: We always do once we get there. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I figure that much. I dropped the bike at the MSF course but that wasn't my fault and family was like, "So I guess you're done?" I was like, "Heck no!".

But the racing, well, I was gonna change out the pegs anyways so I just figured that I'd go with the ones that are like angle cut for the extra ground clearance. I don't know how far I can put down my knee yet, don't have leathers so I can't say. But I know I catch myself putting it down in jeans already on the twisties that I have around here now (I know, stupid/squidly move but I can't help it :bash: ). So I think I'm gonna look at a JR or AlpineStars 2 piece leathers and Sidi boots.

Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Good luck and ride safe. Sounds like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders so I think you'll do fine. :dthumb:

By the way....Nice bike. :cheers:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I would strongly suggest the Micron slip ons. They do have a really nice can. It does do this like spider web effect on the ionized cans. Its rocks and they are about the best sounding slip ons. Check the pic of Ace's RC51 with his Microns!! They look awesome and it is the best sounding V-Twin I've ever heard!

Also, Devil's. Pippi has one on her '04 GSXR 1K and it looks and sounds INCREDIABLE!!! You can see that in both pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.