Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people wear many different things...

Some wear those nylon things...

Some wear sun glasses and some don't...

I found these on the EBay , they look nice!

I usually don't wear anything... I use to wear glasses and wear those but I got lasik and don't have to do that anymore. Can't decide if like having glasses on or with out, better...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Some times I ware sun glasses and others I don't.
I try to carry them with me but, I hate the shaded areas when I have them on.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You
hat the shaded areas when I have them on.
you mean "hate" right! :lol:

I picked up a desent pair of yellow tinted sunglasses for my MC... that way I can wear them under my clear and tined shield...

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Sometimes I wear glasses, but the arms pressed against my head for a long period of time can be painful. I like it because I can flip up the visor and still have eye protection.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
sometimes a "dew rag" if it is going to be really hot, and usually sunglasses, unless I wear the helmet with the mirrored visor.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ShanMan14 said:
Sometimes I wear glasses, but the arms pressed against my head for a long period of time can be painful. I like it because I can flip up the visor and still have eye protection.
Check out the "EBay" link in my first post... maybe those would help ya!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Balaclava in the cold. Whenever i wear a clear shield, i bring my safety glasses. Sounds dorky but they are OSHA approved, dark, thin, flexible, and not at all as ugly as you would think. Plus ive seen them save eyes from things far worse than bugs and sometimes i do ride with the visor open.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah my eye glasses when I wore them before...were OSHA approved and I always thought the same thing...

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
A coworker was pulling a pole from the ground with a forklift, strap and shakle. Strap slipped off the pole and shot the shackle (about 3 pounds) right at his eye. Hit his glasses busted up his face and knocked him out. But where his glasses were there was ZERO damage. Saved his eye. Glasses werent even scratched. Sold me right then and there.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah.. we have to wear those at work everywear... including a hard hat... it sucks but it's for the best and you get use to it!

And you can get some desent looking safety glasses...

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Me too.

WARNING! OFF TOPIC: Gas, do you have to carry an OSHA card? Someone said its mostly a regional (southeast) thing. I wanna know.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I carry my medical card and a class a lisense but that's only for drivin truck at work...

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I have tried to wear sun glasses under the helmet, but the wind pushes the sun glasses right on my sinuses and gives a killer head ache. I just keep my lightly tinted visor on, I can see great day and night.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I have a tinted visor for the day and (if I think I'll be out after dark) I carry my clear visor in a Shield-Sak. Works great and you don't even feel the extra shield.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Well, I don't have a choice as I wear glasses. So I'll have to find a lid that'll fit them and still be comfortable. I'm thinkin' about contacts, but I'm just too lazy to clean them and the doctor where I was gonna get them was like severely anal as to how I put them in. So I'll see, gonna try contacts again from someplace else cause I think it'll be easier when I ride, plus I can wear sun glasses and all.

I'd wear a bandana to soak up sweat, but I have a 7 7/8" head and there are no bandanas that fit me so I gotta custom make one if I want one.

G

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Well, I don't have a choice as I wear glasses. So I'll have to find a lid that'll fit them and still be comfortable. I'm thinkin' about contacts, but I'm just too lazy to clean them and the doctor where I was gonna get them was like severely anal as to how I put them in. So I'll see, gonna try contacts again from someplace else cause I think it'll be easier when I ride, plus I can wear sun glasses and all.

I'd wear a bandana to soak up sweat, but I have a 7 7/8" head and there are no bandanas that fit me so I gotta custom make one if I want one.

G
Grafixx, I use to wear contacts, but my eyes were always watering....try laser eye surgery, I did it a few yrs ago and been very happy with it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Nothing typically.

If I leave in the evening and I won't be back past dark, though, I'll wear sunglasses so I don't have to bring the other shield.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.