Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know everyone has their favorite brand of bike so I'm going to ask WHY you like the brand that you do, mainly regarding the 600 bikes. I currently have a Katana 600, which is too heavy and too slow for my liking. I'm looking to upgrade and would appreciate honest opinions. I'm considering the GSXR-600, but I've seen a lot of posts that say other bikes are better. Please convince me as to what is the best 600 bike. I'm looking at bikes between 2001 and 2005, so take all changes throughout those years into consideration.

Thanks

:cheers:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I'll always put a vote in for Kat..great bike,..but, when ur lookin to move up, to a 600..whats wrong with that statement there. :lol:

My vote goes to the 600RR. Honda, even though it may not be quite the fastest, or the most nimble, or have the most torque..but it really does everything well..Even though Honda revamped the design and engine, its still in the honda tradition of style, comfort, and performance..depending on who you talk to, or read from in the mags...this bike didnt win the 600 shootouts, but everybody agrees, for a great all around 600 rocket..get the CBR. !

just my :2cents:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
I'll always put a vote in for Kat..great bike,..but, when ur lookin to move up, to a 600..whats wrong with that statement there. :lol:
I know you love kats, but you know as well as I do that the Kat 600 is WAY too heavy for the amount of power that it puts out. Plus, it has too long a wheelbase to handle very well. Don't get me wrong, I love the kat for it's comfort on the road, but I want to enjoy the track more, and I'm at the limits on the kat. I want something that's great for corners, I'm not looking for too much power. And you KNOW that going from a Kat 600 to any other 600 is a step up. ;)

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the kat for it's comfort on the road, but I want to enjoy the track more, and I'm at the limits on the kat. I want something that's great for corners, I'm not looking for too much power. And you KNOW that going from a Kat 600 to any other 600 is a step up. ;)
I looked at the RR and the F4i and decided on the F4i for the opposite reason. I will rarely, if ever take the Bee to the track so I decided against the RR.

·
Registered
197 Posts
First off, it is definitely an upgrade to go from a Katana 600 to an even somewhat modern technology 600. The power produced between the two is day and night...

Used, I would go with a CBR600F3. The F3s are AWESOME. Put a set of Heli-Bars on it and you've got a bike that's more comfortable than a VFR! Power is amazing and very linerally delivered. Handling is superb. You can still get a bunch of after market suspension stuff for them, too. Heck, late F3s they can be had in excellent condition for under 4k. Take the money you've saved and put a Penske shock on it and send the forks to Linemann Engineering and you'll have an absolutely amazing machine...

New, I would choose the FZ6. It's got the previous gen R6 motor in it tuned for "real-world" revs. Who rides on the steet at 11-15k rpms? It's comfortable, the power is awesome, and fit and finish is excellent. It's definitely a great bang for the buck... And, it's COMFORTABLE!

If you're set of an SS, you can't go wrong with any of the new 600 SS offerings.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
I know you love kats, but you know as well as I do that the Kat 600 is WAY too heavy for the amount of power that it puts out. Plus, it has too long a wheelbase to handle very well. Don't get me wrong, I love the kat for it's comfort on the road, but I want to enjoy the track more, and I'm at the limits on the kat. I want something that's great for corners, I'm not looking for too much power. And you KNOW that going from a Kat 600 to any other 600 is a step up. ;)
you know I gotta get on ur case alittle their captain! ;) But yeah, a 600RR or any of the 600's will definately be a step up from you Kat, and one you'll thoroughly enjoy for years to come! Ive been a lifelong Honda man for the most part, and have always admired the CBR's ever since the original hurricanes came out, thru the RR's of today

:luck:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
TrzVpr said:
Just wondering why hasnt anyone brought up the Yamaha R6? Is it not as good or even better than other 600's? I cant say from personal experience though, just mounds of forum lurking.. :D

T%hats because mudpuppy hasn't seen this thread yet. When he does, he will tell you all to get R6 or R1. I have a gixxer and would say go with the 600 gixxer. I love the handling mine has now and its been great to me. I ride a 750 but the 600 are not that much smaller. :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Um let me check. This is a no brainer. The Yamaha R6 - why? It is track ready right out of the box less the tires and exhaust. By far the best 600 ever made.

For the rest of you Yamaha haters and people that don't agree I will offer you a free cup of STFU!

·
Registered
43 Posts
When Im ready to start riding..

My only two current choices are the r6 or the gixxer750,, possibly the f4i..

Just wanted to hear all sides of the boards..

BTW Mudpuppy, like ur taste in bikes.. =0

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
TrzVpr said:

Thank you. You would thank me if you bought one and rode it. Absolutely outstanding incredible top of the line bar none the best bike made for sure. Everyone else just tries to copy off Yamaha.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Thank you. You would thank me if you bought one and rode it. Absolutely outstanding incredible top of the line bar none the best bike made for sure. Everyone else just tries to copy off Yamaha.

The official spokesman for Yamaha....has spoken!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Um let me check. This is a no brainer. The Yamaha R6 - why? It is track ready right out of the box less the tires and exhaust. By far the best 600 ever made.

For the rest of you Yamaha haters and people that don't agree I will offer you a free cup of STFU!
I agree on this one, only reason I don't have one is a ton of my riding is commuting, and the more upright position is a little more comfy for traffic. Still got the same motor tho :dthumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the CBR 600 F4I, and I love it, when I was looking for a bike there was one thing I had to consider, I am vertically challenged :( standing in at 5'7. The CBR F4I seemed to fit me best. :2cents:

·
Registered
197 Posts
TrzVpr said:

Why?! Those are all HORRIBLE bikes to learn how to ride on! ESPECIALLY the Gixxer750...

Start small. Learn how to ride the wheels off of it and THEN move up to a powerful, more capable bike. It's cheaper that way. Plus, you will actually learn how to ride well and be able to take advantage of the increased capabilities of a different machine when the time comes...

Starting on a bike that is unforgiving is a bad idea...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
if u HAVE to start out on something that you mentioned earlier..an F4i would be a good choice, that and the R6 have a alot of power for a new rider to handle, so ur gonna have to be xtra careful with it. the 750 is an awesome ride, but for a first bike, ouch! :eek:

to each his own, maybe a ninja500 or gs500 would be a good choice too for a first bike ? :)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
if u HAVE to start out on something that you mentioned earlier..an F4i would be a good choice, that and the R6 have a alot of power for a new rider to handle, so ur gonna have to be xtra careful with it. the 750 is an awesome ride, but for a first bike, ouch! :eek:

to each his own, maybe a ninja500 or gs500 would be a good choice too for a first bike ? :)

Nicely put there Matt. The gixxer 750 in my option would be just a little to much for someone just starting out. Get a 500 or 600 and get to know your bike and how they feel first before going after the big boys.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts