Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to ride around 5-6K but I'm sure it varies from bike to bike.

YOu don't want to bog the engine down in a high gear, but you don't want to over rev where there is no power.

What's your ride's RPM sweet spot?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
4000 is normally a nice riding RPM, espcially in the city, for me anyways...give me enough power to pull away if need be...but not keep the engine revs too high.

on the highway though, its balls to the wall!! ask DJ he knows :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
on the highway though, its balls to the wall!! ask DJ he knows :thumbs:

O yeah. I was telling Matt that I normally shift in between 7-8000rpms. O..Not now. I like to take it up to 10-11,000 now when were up on the highway. But like he said, 4000 in the city is a good spot for me as well. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I usually short shift on the longer slower roads but I keep it above 7,000 or so on the tight twisties or around a lot of traffic. Sometimes it's nice to have the power there ready when you need to use it.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
True Big Kahuna.. Its always good to have the power right there at your finger tips. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a nasty flat spot right now around 4K (trying to tune it out), so I usually ride around 6K if being leasurely. Spirited rides are 10-12 where the power is!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
O yeah. I was telling Matt that I normally shift in between 7-8000rpms. O..Not now. I like to take it up to 10-11,000 now when were up on the highway. But like he said, 4000 in the city is a good spot for me as well. :)
so when we gonna hit that road down by sheetz again..you know its on!! :bike: :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
so when we gonna hit that road down by sheetz again..you know its on!! :bike: :thumbs:

So so true. I can not wait. I was out there the other night and there were 2 old GSXR's there eyeing me up. I was waiting but they did nothing. I think they were early 90's. But they still sounded nice. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
So so true. I can not wait. I was out there the other night and there were 2 old GSXR's there eyeing me up. I was waiting but they did nothing. I think they were early 90's. But they still sounded nice. :)
gotta watch them older bikes that wanna run ya...alot of the time, they've got them all tricked out ...and they're just waiting for a sucker to come by so they can eat you alive. not that you're a sucker, but you know what I mean. :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts