Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I went to the dealer this past weekend and they only had one 04 gsx-750F Katana i was wondering what i might expect to pay for this in the end? I know the 05's are worth 6999. Being that its getting close to winter and all, how much should i expect to pay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
If its a left over 04, brand new, you might be able to talk him down 1000.00 or so..but not too much more than that, since its still technically brand new..Alot of times, if you have a trade in, they may knock the price down alittle bit more, depending on the value of it!

I got my 2000 Kat 750 for 3995.00 plus tax, etc. with 7500 miles on her, showroom condition, about 4 months ago or so....so that gives you alittle comparison to go by.

Good luck, let us know how you make out. Call around as well, you can alot of times, find Kats that 1 owners have traded in, with low miles, like mine, for alot less money..many people use Kats to start out on, then trade them in after a year or 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea ill try to call around.. Im not sure if i want a Kat750 or a Sv650. I'm looking for a bike that will be comfortable when i want it to be, and also be able to have some power and be able to turn well. Is the SV-650 a better choice for this? why/why not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i cant start out on an r6, ill kill myself plus its too much money... for the next bike im probably gonna get a 1000... For now a sport tourer.. any thoughts on the sv650s?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
dubbs said:
i cant start out on an r6, ill kill myself plus its too much money... for the next bike im probably gonna get a 1000... For now a sport tourer.. any thoughts on the sv650s?
Dont mind mudpuppy..he's got r6's onthe brain.. :lol: The SV or the Kat would be a great choice..Shan can fill you in the benefits of the SV..as far as the Kat..I've ridden for hours and hours on end, got off, and felt like I could just keep on going..smooth, well balanced, good power, you'd be happy with either one..but since Im a Kat guy, I'll post up 1 vote for the Zuki!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive been tryin to talk this dealer down, so far hes at 6500 for the kat and 5999 for the sv650s..im gonna try to call other places. thanks for the info but arent they both zuki's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
dubbs said:
Ive been tryin to talk this dealer down, so far hes at 6500 for the kat and 5999 for the sv650s..im gonna try to call other places. thanks for the info but arent they both zuki's?

LOL..my bad..typo, DJ keeps rubbin off on me:bonk: ..meant to say the Zuki Kat..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
LOL..my bad..typo, DJ keeps rubbin off on me:bonk: ..meant to say the Zuki Kat..

I happen to be doing that alot lately to you. LOL :dthumb: I try my best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called like 20 dealers, the best price i got was 5995 thats without talkin the guy down. An 05 for 100 more. My fathers goin there tomorrow, we'll see if we can get him down to like 5500 for an 04.. The worst dealer i got on the phone was some guy in CT he wanted 6500 for an 02.. I asked him, you sure bout that, he said yep its still brand new. I just said ok, thanks, bye... this shop is like 60 miles away from long island but my father works in queens so its all good..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
dubbs said:
I called like 20 dealers, the best price i got was 5995 thats without talkin the guy down. An 05 for 100 more. My fathers goin there tomorrow, we'll see if we can get him down to like 5500 for an 04.. The worst dealer i got on the phone was some guy in CT he wanted 6500 for an 02.. I asked him, you sure bout that, he said yep its still brand new. I just said ok, thanks, bye... this shop is like 60 miles away from long island but my father works in queens so its all good..
6500 for an 02, when they are just about 7 g's brand new..no thanks..depreciation brings it down alot more than that when you drive it off..definately pass on that one.. keep us posted and put up pics too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Are you still Looking for a Kat ?

Hey, If you are stil looking for a nice Kat, I would part with mine for $4500. and I would throw in the Helmet and Bike Cover. The extra's you would get with the bike besides this are; Yoshi slip-on pipe, Stage 1 jet kit, K&N air filter, 1 tooth smaller countershaft sprocket. Also, just had the bike seviced, and changed it over to Mobil1 synthetic fluids. I would also include the factory muffler, which came off the bike at like 500 miles or less. The bike currently has approximately 5,000 miles on it ! It is a 2001 GSX-750, the color is the gold/silver.


:redmc:
Steve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Get the SV. It's a MUCH more modern machine. Lighter, better handling. Take the money you saved and put it into good gear. Next year, upgrade the suspension and you'll have a GREAT machine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
I'm voting for the sv650 as well. Nothing like a torquey little vtwin to tackle the curves or putt around town. Not near as comfy as a Kat..but a much bigger fun factor IMO. Either are great bikes though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
the 750 Kats are alot more comfortable than the 600's as well. 750's have that nice more upright riding position, which makes them nice & comfortable all day. I cant say I know from experience, as i've never ridden an SV to speak of, enough to make a comparo...but I'll throw in another write in vote for the Kat. :cheers:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top