Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a summer vacation on my FZ1, the destination is Yellowstone national park, it's about 800 miles from where I live, I've never taken a motorcycle on a lengthy trip like this before. Right now I have zero motorcycle luggage, I've been looking at Bob's cycle supply at some of there stuff and just this week I was out-bid on some joe rocket saddle bags on e-bay, are there any other place's out there that have gear for touring? What are some necessities a guy needs for a trip like this? Does anyone know if there are any killer roads with alot of twisties out by yellowstone? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this if you haven't been able to tell already. Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Tourmaster Cortech tailbag for my Bandit. Works great and has alot of room. They're only about 50 bucks. I think I could get 2 days worth of stuff in there. That and some saddlebags would probably work good for you too. Make sure you have rain gear and a tire plug kit and some basic tools.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I have the JR sport saddlebags but have never used them... they are a good quality...

:luck: with that trip! Sounds like fun!

But yeah if you're going to travel like that, then you need some more tools that you wouldn't normally carry!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Be sure to keep us up to date on your trip, what you got, what you packed, what you wish you had packed, the route, where you stopped, and lots of pics! :luck:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to fill you guys in on all what happend when I get back and yes I am bringing the digital camera with.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have the RKA tankbag and saddlebags. They are made by a motorcycle couple. Great quality. I use the tankbag every day.

When you ride out toward the Black Hills, make sure you stop at Mt. Rushmore and ride through Custer State Park. Very twisty. In Wyoming, the road from Buffalo to Worland, through the Bighorn Mts is very twisty. The roads through the Tetons and Yellowstone are so scenic, it makes up for twistiness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.