Two Wheel Forums banner

What would it take to give up your

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your price? Would you give it up under any circumstances at all, or are you keepin it till the bitter end!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Me getting a house. I would sell it in a heart beat. I can always get a new one later. A better place for me and the family to live or a nice toy for me. I'm going with family and home. :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
Buying a new bike. However, if it was COMPLETELY necessary to sell the bike to afford a house, I'd save my money for another year before buying the house and I'd keep the bike. :lol:

Oh, did I mention that I run an apartment complex, which helps on the cost of rent and makes it easier for me to save money?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,104 Posts
My bike is rare in that it's one of onnly a handful of 99 SVS successfully imported from Canada. That aside, it's nothing special. Somebody would have to offer me more than it's worth (no one would) for me to sell it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Me getting a house. I would sell it in a heart beat. I can always get a new one later. A better place for me and the family to live or a nice toy for me. I'm going with family and home. :dthumb:
Now that's what I am talking about! I like the way you think! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Buying a new bike. However, if it was COMPLETELY necessary to sell the bike to afford a house, I'd save my money for another year before buying the house and I'd keep the bike. :lol:

Oh, did I mention that I run an apartment complex, which helps on the cost of rent and makes it easier for me to save money?

If I were to save for another year...I would still sell the bike to help with a bigger down payment to make the monthly payments smaller. Everything helps and if the payments are smaller...makes it even easier to get a newer bike when the time comes. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No way, no how..It took me way too long..longer than I care to admit, to get this new bike..it's not going anywhere!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
If I were to save for another year...I would still sell the bike to help with a bigger down payment to make the monthly payments smaller. Everything helps and if the payments are smaller...makes it even easier to get a newer bike when the time comes. :thumbs:

See.... I did teach ya right! LOL :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
No way, no how..It took me way too long..longer than I care to admit, to get this new bike..it's not going anywhere!!!!!!!!
that's the things...since I have met DJ he has changed his bikes more than he changes drawers (well NO not really) So I know he won't have a problem getting another. :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
I dont intament with my bikes, except for the TL she was the best. So insureance payoff, buy off or what ever give me what it worth and I will buy another. Some people name there bike, I got name for mine" My bieoches". I have them for little and there gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Like Carrie has said...I have owned so amny bikes in the past its not a big deal to get rid of it to help get our house. I will get another one so no biggie. :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
I Don't think I will be getting rid of mine... as long as it's my choice... even if I get another bike... just got to love that pre_Gov'na era.... :runaway:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
If I were to save for another year...I would still sell the bike to help with a bigger down payment to make the monthly payments smaller. Everything helps and if the payments are smaller...makes it even easier to get a newer bike when the time comes. :thumbs:
Oh, I totally understand where you're coming from, and if it weren't for the apartments, I would do the same thing. That's why I threw in the comment at the end. I can save MUCH more than any normal person because I don't have to pay normal rent while living in the apartment. I will look into a house if I ever plan on getting married, which I doubt will happen unless I meet the absolute perfect woman. Only other reason I would want a house is to have a bigger garage. But for now, I have a nice 2bdrm duplex (no noisy neighbors to listen to) with an attached garage that is big enough for my car and bike. Plus, I park the vette in the garage of a vacant apartment, so it's not like any of my vehicles are out in the open. Don't ask what I pay for rent because it will just piss you off. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
the answer is easy...

id take the million. the bike was under $10,000, and i like the new paint job this year better anyway (20th anniv.) so i would take the million and you could have the bike. however, if you want the bike AND my wife, you can keep the million and i throw in ANOTHER million! then id be broke, single, and happy; no different than when i was in college.....then id go finance a new gixxer and wouldnt have to ASK ANYONE FOR PERMISSION TO RIDE IT!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Captain Morgan said:
Oh, I totally understand where you're coming from, and if it weren't for the apartments, I would do the same thing. That's why I threw in the comment at the end. I can save MUCH more than any normal person because I don't have to pay normal rent while living in the apartment. I will look into a house if I ever plan on getting married, which I doubt will happen unless I meet the absolute perfect woman. Only other reason I would want a house is to have a bigger garage. But for now, I have a nice 2bdrm duplex (no noisy neighbors to listen to) with an attached garage that is big enough for my car and bike. Plus, I park the vette in the garage of a vacant apartment, so it's not like any of my vehicles are out in the open. Don't ask what I pay for rent because it will just piss you off. ;)
You're right I dont even wanna know !!! :smash:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Don't ask what I pay for rent because it will just piss you off. ;)

OK I am going to ask anyways. You can tell us now. We are all listening. :dthumb:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
shoot i wouldent even sell my dirtbike unless i got a lot more then what its worth then that money would go to a new bike !!!!!! :drool: :loser:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I use to pretty attached to my bike. But now, I just want to ride... I'd get a different one, as long as it was faster... but till then I just want to ride the crap out of it and hopefully not get hurt...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
04gixxer750 said:
id take the million. the bike was under $10,000, and i like the new paint job this year better anyway (20th anniv.) so i would take the million and you could have the bike. however, if you want the bike AND my wife, you can keep the million and i throw in ANOTHER million! then id be broke, single, and happy; no different than when i was in college.....then id go finance a new gixxer and wouldnt have to ASK ANYONE FOR PERMISSION TO RIDE IT!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
:confused: You have to ask for PERMISSION to ride your motor? What are you, 16 ?
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Top