Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Im at work today, puttin in alittle OT..my bike is parked in its usual spot,and I come down for a break (you know the whole, my bike is calling me thing :D ) and I notice a note, that says... " I have a slipon exhaust that will fit your bike, if you are interested, its brand new, and will sell it to you for 60.00..and he left his name and phone number.

Im thinking its gotta be "alittle warm", if you know what I mean!

Would you call him and check it out? I could get an honest great deal or end up with stolen property...

Let me know whatcha think...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im gonna call him and atleast see what it looks like, what brand name, see if I can notice any visible signs of damage or anything that could link me to stolen property ;) :whistle:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I would call him and look at it. If it looks tainted, walk away. :) But if it looks good, get it. Can't beat that price.

·
Registered
264 Posts
that's a great deal. check it out. radio for back-up if needed. :lol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ShanMan14 said:
Copy the serial #, call the police and see if it's been reported stolen. If not, you're home-free.
words of wisdom! :thumbs: , cant very well reap the benefits of a new exhaust if Im in the slammer :eek:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Forget all that, and just go for it.

Matt, you don't have a aftermarket exhaust or muffler on your bike right now???

If you don't WTF are you thinking!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gas Man said:
Forget all that, and just go for it.

Matt, you don't have a aftermarket exhaust or muffler on your bike right now???

If you don't WTF are you thinking!!

Yup I called him, left a message for him to call me back, seems to be a cell phone number.

Nope, still stock suzuki exhaust/muffler from when I bought her 3 1/2 months ago...so I'll wait and see if he calls me back tonite, and if so, i'll go out and take a look at it. If he never calls me back, Im still getting one over the winter mod season, Larry is checking on what he can do for me in that area as well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well if it's not good to you pass the info along to me. Might just be one man's trash and another mans treasure.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jdog said:
Well if it's not good to you pass the info along to me. Might just be one man's trash and another mans treasure.
dont worry, if it doesnt work out for me...i'll let you know...but as long as its in the condition he says it is, and the price he's asking, Im all over it.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That long without a sound...I don't know how you do it. I went like 3 weeks with the stock can on my 9R and it was killin me!!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gas Man said:
That long without a sound...I don't know how you do it. I went like 3 weeks with the stock can on my 9R and it was killin me!!!
oh trust me, I know, it kills me too..but after buying the bike, had to start saving up money again...but its coming, 1 way or the other..

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
So have you heard from him yet or called him again? :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
So have you heard from him yet or called him again? :)
nah, that batrastard didnt call me back yet :mad: ..so I'll call him again tonite at work and see if he answers this time.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Nice. Let us know. If you end up not getting it from him, is that going to be the next mod you do to her?? :)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
nah, that batrastard didnt call me back yet :mad: ..so I'll call him again tonite at work and see if he answers this time.
Sounds like a drug deal - waiting for the call.. lol.. I "knew" some people back in the day that would fiend bug-eyed by the phone waiting to hook up on a sack, etc. Ah the good old days. DAMN YOU FATHER TIME! Getting old having kids paying bills all that good crap.. Well I do have to say the people I "knew" spend alot less time running from the cops and spending it in the back of cop cars, etc. Damn deliquents..

Good luck with the pipe yo, let us know how it works out..

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
called him again about 30 min. ago..will wait for now again and see if he calls back. :whistle: Im curious now more than ever why he hasnt called back, I want this freekin exhaust!!! :cursin:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
called him again about 30 min. ago..will wait for now again and see if he calls back. :whistle: Im curious now more than ever why he hasnt called back, I want this freekin exhaust!!! :cursin:
Should have just bought it off him right then and there!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts