Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
You could go with a 210 on the stock rim of the ZX-14.

You will notice a difference in ride quality, tire wear.

For what purpose do you want to do this?

·
Registered
208 Posts
You could go with a 210 on the stock rim of the ZX-14.

You will notice a difference in ride quality, tire wear.

For what purpose do you want to do this?
the only purpose you need it that wide is to hook up better.

busabeater:lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some people do it for looks.

Besides if he puts that big of a tire on the stock rim it will cup the tire resulting in a smaller contact patch then what he has now on the 190 tire.

I guess all the guys with the 240/280/300/330 size tires on their choppers and custom sport bikes all drag race. No don't think so......:bash:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes I would say use a 200 or even a 190, If you start putting bigger tires on stock rims they do cup, like I said before, you would be surprised as to what a good tire will do on the strip even with a 190, plus you can still handle and perform good on the street and twisties.

·
Registered
253 Posts
:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: I run a 180 on my R1 it stretches the tire well for a wider contact patch and is lighter.:bash:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yes I would say use a 200 or even a 190, If you start putting bigger tires on stock rims they do cup, like I said before, you would be surprised as to what a good tire will do on the strip even with a 190, plus you can still handle and perform good on the street and twisties.
:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: I run a 180 on my R1 it stretches the tire well for a wider contact patch and is lighter.:bash:
I think these guys are right. There is no easy way to change it. The best thing would be to just reduce the air pressure.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i got a 38"x15.5x15 on my bronco

·
Registered
462 Posts
we used to put a smaller tirer on the bikes to flatin the tire out more contact
and drop the air pressure& slam the bikes to the ground... all for drag racing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts