Two Wheel Forums banner

What concerns you the most when riding....(you may vote for more than one)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're out riding doing your thing like always, whether you're just in daily commute to work and back, riding down to the store, hitting some twisties, or full throttle getting your speed need fulfilled..what's in the back of your mind the most...?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Well, if just out riding the twisties, my biggest worry is coming around a corner and finding gravel, sand, etc. covering so much road that I can't avoid it. Depending on the road, centerline crossers worry me a little, but they would have to pretty far into my lane for me to worry a lot. How about this: a centerline crosser forcing you into the area of road that contains gravel. Double whammy.

For everyday riding, the biggest worry (because it's happened so much) is the jackass that doesn't "see" me and decides to turn in front of me.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
animals and gravel for me...i ride alot at night, and on back roads looking for twisties to practice on..and especially with deer season coming up..there's nothing like flying along down a country road down the highway and having anything from a fox or 'possum, or deer lurking on the side of the road just waiting for his death wish to come true!!! :eek:

and gravel/wet leaves keeps my mind occupied as well when im coming up on a tight corner or turn.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Definatly gravel. Alot of times I will ride a rode slow just to get the lay of the land and check for gravel. Been there one too many times.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Twisty, knows all too well about those left turners!!!

Pretty much all of those scare me! I just try not to think about it anymore than I have to to stay out of trouble.

Attached is a few pics that some of you may not have seen that was posted here a while ago. These would be pretty scary!!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought twisty didnt want his pic on the net like that...(3rd attachment)... :lol:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Other drivers are what scare me the most. Animals and gravel concern me too, but I figure sliding on gravel or hitting an animal would be less harmful than hitting the moron that pulls out in front of me, or cuts me off. I'm sure something as big as a deer would hurt alot, but it still can't hurt as much as hitting a small car. As for gravel: I don't lean into my turns all that aggressively yet and like the animal, I think going down form that would be less painful than hitting a car.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Biggest scare thus far was riding @ the Gap with Pippi and coming around the corner to find a huge gas tanker taking up all lanes. Pippi squeeked by and I had to ride into the ditch to prevent being taken out or run over. Believe me you would lay some bricks in your pants if you came around the corner to find Mr. Semi taking up all pavement. Just ask Pip!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ace said:
Biggest scare thus far was riding @ the Gap with Pippi and coming around the corner to find a huge gas tanker taking up all lanes. Pippi squeeked by and I had to ride into the ditch to prevent being taken out or run over. Believe me you would lay some bricks in your pants if you came around the corner to find Mr. Semi taking up all pavement. Just ask Pip!

why in the world do trucks even try to go on this road..is it some kinda ego thing or just to piss off the riders who wanna have some fun??!!

oh yeah, that would definatley suck seeing that beast heading right for you :eek: In fact trucks in general scare me when ur passing them and they just start inching over into your lane!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cool, I thought my problems with gravel were isolated. Its always good to feel like one of the crowd, huh?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Ace said:
Yes, probably the biggest scare for me too! It was really close, seeing those rear semi-tires coming at me in my lane & I will never forget looking in my mirror to see Ace in ride into the ditch just so he wouldnt be squished!! :eek:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Ace, Pippi, did the guy even KNOW he f-ed up? Did he stop or anything to see if you made it? Or just keep goin?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts