Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ten years ago paid about $40 month for full cable package. Today thanks to deregulation of cable industry. Pay about $150 month for Comcast Platinum package with high speed internet :rant:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I pay about $100 a month for Digital High Def cable tv with 3 other basic cable tv's (4 total), like 8 HBO's & 8 Cinimax's, dual dvr, and high speed internet.

It sucks but ya got to have it... in my book at least!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gas Man said:
I pay about $100 a month for Digital High Def cable tv with 3 other basic cable tv's (4 total), like 8 HBO's & 8 Cinimax's, and high speed internet.

It sucks but ya got to have it... in my book at least!
Tivo also gives you more enjoyment out of your cable ;)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Oh, I forgot to add.... with the high def, it has a dual dvr!!! Basically Tivo but wrapped right in the same box!!! So better for me!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
$0 We refuse to pay for television when there is rarely anything good on anyways. It's been almost 5 years now and the only thing we really miss are the sports games we don't see.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Becca_007 said:
$0 We refuse to pay for television when there is rarely anything good on anyways. It's been almost 5 years now and the only thing we really miss are the sports games we don't see.
Screw that, HD goes under "cost of living." :lol:

I pay about $120 for all the channels, In Demand, HD, internet, and phone with long distance.

By the way, comparing cable now to cable 10 years ago is a joke. There was no broadband for home users, there was no HD, there were half the channels, and no phone. :screwy:

If someone's getting jacked on their price, use your fingers and open the yellow pages. There's more than one option. :rofl: Not doing that is the same as saying, "The government needs to step in and stop making Ferraris so expensive to buy!" :crazy:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yup i know this but i dont think it will work too good seeing as i live in a valley. but i might just try it and if it done work, take it back

and yes i have a built in tuner.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Unless you live in the Grand Canyon, I think it will work. Either way, it's worth a shot. But, you only get networks that way.. still, the major sports in 1080 are on networks anyway. ESPN is only 720p, but it still looks damn good.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
High cable bill this...High cable that.. its the same as anything else... if u want it, u gotta pay for it, and it aint getting no cheaper.. gotta have gas? u'll pay for it.. gotta have heat, u'll pay for it... gotta have water? food? electricity? heating oil? right down to favorite toothpaste.

It's all getting more expensive and its gonna keep on growing. Satellite has raised their rates nearly every year, just like cable does, u just dont always see it obviously..but trust me, its there. DirectTV didnt pay several billions dollars to the NFL to have the rights the games, just to give it away, that revenue has to be recouped somewhere. Higher rates, lower quality equipment, larger fees of rmaint, cancellation, u name it.

If you wanna watch the tube, u gotta pay the price. Technology costs money and again, it aint getting no cheaper.

Sorry to go off ;) ..but this whole cable TV / Satellite debate is ongoing and will be forever. :rant:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Don't listen to that guy ^^^... he works for the cable company just as DJ does!!! :D

But he has some good points... I like TV and want the most out of it and my high def widescreen... so I pay a bit more... oh well!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
cuz u want the best!! thats why u pay it.. :pat:

just got a new dvr/digital unit!! man o man, i just love pausing live TV!! :here:

·
Registered
149 Posts
There is another option

Say the hell with the TV. I've found since I got my computer(first for me)that between work, spending time online, keeping up my pad, and reading I only watch about 1-2 hours of TV a week! If it wasn't for my fiancee I would have it shut off. Have a Dish Network system. Its about 40 bucks a month with local networks and about 100 other channels. If I put that 40 a month in my bikes gas tank or into mods, I would be alot happier. Most of whats on TV is irritating anyway. :2cents:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts