Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear people all the time talk about draggin toe... and it makes me think...

I figure it this way. Right foot (rear brake) should NEVER be under the brake lever. And your left foot (shifter) should only be under if you're shifting or about to shift... granted I may leave it under there on occasion but never when I'm twisting it up...

Then that brings me to where between your toes and you heel do you put the peg?

I'll keep it just in front my heel when just cruisin but when hittin the twisties it's way up and under the ball of my feet...

What about you guys?

:moped:

·
Registered
146 Posts
<<----just like in the avatar

dragging knee on the toes
and other is at the end of the ball

supposely you get it more leverage or something
kevin schwartz said that in some video

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gas Man said:
I hear people all the time talk about draggin toe... and it makes me think...

I figure it this way. Right foot (rear brake) should NEVER be under the brake lever. And your left foot (shifter) should only be under if you're shifting or about to shift... granted I may leave it under there on occasion but never when I'm twisting it up...

Then that brings me to where between your toes and you heel do you put the peg?

I'll keep it just in front my heel when just cruisin but when hittin the twisties it's way up and under the ball of my feet...

What about you guys?

:moped:
same here, balls of my feet when riding hard and hanging off, regular riding its more toward the middle of my foot...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
well the arch of my foot is on the peg. high mount exhaust you cant ride iwth the ball of you foot on the peg.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
zx636r said:
well the arch of my foot is on the peg. high mount exhaust you cant ride iwth the ball of you foot on the peg.
I hear that all the time. I have never liked the high mount on a bike that wasn't designed to have it originally.

I cruse with my arch on the peg and then move to the ball of the foot when I hit the twisty.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yeah and i know know how you can have rearsets with them either. i mean i am really happy with mine, but i just have to get use to it. i can still ride with the ball of my foot on the peg, its just a little different casue my heel then goes on the heat sheild on the pipe which was put threr for that reason. so you can still do it, its just a little different. and the high mount looks sooo nice.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I ride same as you, Gas and others.

ZX, that's precisely why I won't buy a high mount exhaust. I saw a guy almost bite it at a track day because his heel got caught behind the pipe of his high mount and he couldn't move his leg to shift his weight back over the way he needed to for the next turn. He went off track, but managed to get his foot out in time to save it and get back on track. He said he was getting rid of the high mount because that had happened before. I'll admit the high mounts look better, but I'm not going to adjust my riding style just to have a cool looking exhaust, especially if it's unsafe if I return to my natural tendancy out of habit.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i didnt really research it b4 i bought it but i prob would have bought it anyway. although i dont know how you get you foot caught behind the pipe.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I guess "behind the pipe" makes it sound different. His heel got caught between the pipe and swingarm because he was on the balls of his feet.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
ahhh i see know. what kind of pipe was it. just want to know. i think with my micron there is no room for your foot to get caught, but i ahve seen some of them that you might be able to do that. and of coarse diff pipe on diff bike might also be diff. lol

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
There is one consideration that should be noted.... Foot size :here: I wear a 15 and I am constantly moving my feet around... with just my arch on the peg.. My toes are under the gears... :skep: and having such long legs I can't stay with the ball on the peg for too long... sometimes I even ride with my toes on the peg just to add balance to shifting my weight...but even with that I have to make sure I don't burn my heel... so I have shown interest on adjustable rear sets... but it not on the top of my list... yet :2cents:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
glad i only where a 10-11. lol rear sets are nice but damn if i will spend all that money for soemthing that is deffinatelly going to bust if you even drop the bike. lol

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
zx636r said:
glad i only where a 10-11. lol rear sets are nice but damn if i will spend all that money for soemthing that is deffinatelly going to bust if you even drop the bike. lol
There must be a reason that it's not further up the list.$$. Hum...wonder if they make rear set sliders... :lol:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i mean they are great to have and all but you think they would make them a little cheaper because the will break so easy. at least if you break stock ones, you can find them on ebay for under 100, now break a set of good rearsets any your spending at least 400

·
Registered
271 Posts
I ride mostly on the balls of my feet, except for shifting/braking. Generally toward the outside with only the big toe and the next two on the peg for leverage when transitioning from left to right. I have a big problem with dragging my toes. I have gone through two sets of toe sliders. The stock rearsets on the F4i is pretty low and not getting my head out over the clip-on as much as I should be have been the main reasons. I switched the rearset to put me up and back 1". More practice on the body position should work on the other. :2cents:

F4i

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
EDIT:

Yeah, I should say on my arch... when I'm riding non-twisty's I should say just in front of the heel of my boot. Or just behind my arch... just to clarify...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
only time i ever really ride on the balls of my feed is when im just cruising down the highway. if im doign twisties i have to have my arch on the peg so i can shift. dont knwo how you could do twisties with you ball on the peg. you need to shift dont you. or as "twisty" says, "if not your not riding hard enough" lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts