Two Wheel Forums banner

Wheelies & Stoppies Squidly

• Squidly, yes definately, and irresponsible too !!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they squidly? We've all seen sportbikes fly by us on 1 wheel, or a group of riders pull up to a stoplight in our town, and all them doing a stoppie as they approach a traffic light. Only to be greeted by the stares of cagers around them The little kids are like, ooooooo, that's cool !!! and the older folks just shake their heads in dissapointment.

What do you think, is it being squidly to do a wheelie or a stoppie out in public? or just riders having a good time?

Of course there's the safety issue which is the number 1 reason its questioned at all. But there is a responsible way to do it, and still have fun dont ya think?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
There is a Time and a Place... doing a Wheelie down a busy street... between stop lights (I believe) is not the place... They sure look cool... :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yeha there awsome but i wouldent do them going down the highway like some ppl or when its busy but i like to watch. as for myself i will stick to practicing on back roads. but i dont think its squidly unless they are doing it without a helmet, if they wnat to do it without leather its there choice but at least they wont be another statistic as long as they have there helmet.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Personally I don't do them, but I love to watch others...
There is definitely a time and place (common sense). :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I think it really depends on the situation. On a busy street, yeah, it's squidly, regardless of what gear they're wearing. Anything can go wrong at the drop of a hat, regardless of experience.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I don't know!!! DJ, what do you think that young S10 truck driver think of me when I almost landed my front wheel in the bed of his truck???? :skep: :thumbs:

I think it's great!!!! :dthumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think as long as you are not putting others in danger, do it if you like. :dthumb: In the right place & time it's big fun . We found a spot near by that is awsome for stunting . Once you get your groove it gets easy to build up your confidence.. You don't want to try this stuff on the open road & get run over or hurt someone .. :sorry: That is just plain stupid ..

Later Super.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts