Two Wheel Forums banner

wheels UP!!

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
499hp busa..
bustin wheelies...
not sure if yall seen it..
but pretty freaken crazy if ya ask me...
vroooooooM!!!

#7 ·
Impressive....I just wonder where all these cagers get the idea that bikers are irresponsible.....lets see; closing speeds with traffic IN THE SAME DIRECTION..+120 MPH...if ANY of those idiots connected with a car, they'd have killed everybody involved....nothing left but red jam.....

I once made a similar comment about another such stunt on another forum...got a comment that "only the biker is taking a risk"....OK, sure.

Olde Wet Blanket

#9 ·
oldetymebiker said:
I once made a similar comment about another such stunt on another forum...got a comment that "only the biker is taking a risk"....OK, sure.

Olde Wet Blanket
:iagree: but a bike hitting a car, i would think its more likely that the
guy on the bike would die.. but as for the driver of a car has MUCH
higher chance of serviving... either way i too have learned that a bike
aint nothing to F wit...

#13 ·
rideME said:
:iagree: but a bike hitting a car, i would think its more likely that the
guy on the bike would die.. but as for the driver of a car has MUCH
higher chance of serviving... either way i too have learned that a bike
aint nothing to F wit...

Since Energy is a function of velocity and mass (E= Vsquared X Mass); a 250Kg Haybusa rearending a car at a closing velocity differential of 200 Km/hr (not including the rider, another 80-90Kg) releases in the neighborhood of .53 x 10 sixth power joules. High explosives release around .43 x 10 sixth power/ Kg. So a bike and rider crashing into the rear of a car at those speeds, releases more energy than 5 lbs. of high explosives INTO THE CAR.......ain't nobody walkin' away from that wreck.............................

#15 ·
tghats if it hit instantly if you take into the account that there is about 5ft or so of empty space in the canrr that absorbs very much of the impact.
undobtly it will "total" both and kill the rider but the drive should get away with almost minimal injuries if he dosent rool it or go off the road into crap.

theres nothign wrong with going upwards or 180mph just dont do it when theres ppl on the highway only like on a big straight of the highway with less than liek 3 cars

#16 ·
Gas Man said:
Its all about self control... some of us have it and some don't!
Maybe people can control themselves, but can they control the guy in another vehicle that changes lanes because he didn't see someone coming up on him at triple the speed limit?

Have I done stupid stuff on the streets? Yes, I have. Will I again? I hope not. THIS is where the self-control lies, not with being able to control your bike at insanely high speeds with other people on the road. Everyone needs to think about it this way:

Would you want close members of YOUR family on that road with that rider?

#17 ·
Stunt4Life said:
undobtly it will "total" both and kill the rider but the drive should get away with almost minimal injuries if he dosent rool it or go off the road into crap.
Do you honestly think that a car hit with that much force will just stay in it's own lane?

#18 ·
Stunt4Life said:
..........theres nothign wrong with going upwards or 180mph just dont do it when theres ppl on the highway only like on a big straight of the highway with less than liek 3 cars

Lets see, 180 MPH is 3miles/minute, 1 mile every 20 seconds, 1/2 mile EVERY 10 SECONDS, 1/4 mile every 5 seconds; almost 300ft/second. Now try SAFELY judging details and distance; most people cannot do so much further than a couple hundred yards, if that....especially experiencing the "tunnelling effect" moving at high rates of speed. It's one thing to take chances with your life; quite another to do so with innocent bystanders.

#21 ·
Stunt4Life said:
tghats if it hit instantly if you take into the account that there is about 5ft or so of empty space in the canrr that absorbs very much of the impact.

theres nothign wrong with going upwards or 180mph just dont do it when theres ppl on the highway only like on a big straight of the highway with less than liek 3 cars
And That make it OK?:scratch:
oldetymebiker said:
OOOOPS!....just read your profile...never mind. Just PM me when you get your license....I want to be sure I'm not on the same roads you are when you start street riding.:wbs: Where in PA do you live, so I can avoid it?
:zowned:

#22 ·
maybe he doesnt understand how fast 180mph really is???

Ive done 180mph in a car before.....but i just went the fastest I have gone on a bike yet yesterday...

153-155mph (speedometer)....which is really probably only 145 or so.... but still....thats damn fast on two wheels...

Id love to see someone who talks like 180mph is nothing....grab the throttle and wait for that magic # to appear....its no cakewalk....above 130mph you really have to get low and stay focused or else you get all wobbly!!! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.