Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you wait till you're over 100mph or so, to tuck down behind the windshield? or do you do it as soon as you hit 60 mph ? Do you tuck down when passing big trucks to help avoid the turbulence and after blast of wind ?

I tend to not worry about tucking unless Im hitting over 80-90 and on up. Before then, not much point to it, unless you are hitting a strong headwind, or its raining.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
When going by the big truck at times I will. Normally around the same speed if not higher at time. I know for a fact Gas Man will stay up at 130mph and higher. He's just a nut like that.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
He speaks the truth!! I'll even turn around and flip you off with the other hand all while at 140mph!!

I hate guys that tuck at like 60mph!!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
When on the highway, probably around 80, unless the wind is really bad, then I'll tuck at a lower speed.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
80??? :wtf: is the crap Capt??? LMAO :lol: The only time I tuck that early is when it's really cold outside or I've been on the h/w for a while and just plain sick of the wind!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
tuck

well my Z100o doesnt have a functional windscreen, and it redlines at 164... so bout then u fele like ure gonna shoot up like a kite.
U cna tuck some and it helps but still kinda hurts your neck to hold your head down at top speed.
I do my mini tuck when going by big semis that are ultra windy like trucks carrying Hay and things that leave a trail of crap in your face.

But when u wanan build neck muscles ride a Z1000 at 160+.
Othewise hte wind protection is pretyt good, u dont feel like u need ot get low until aobut 120, Taller aftermarket windscrene may be a mod for next year to assist with the 120+ rides.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
He speaks the truth!! I'll even turn around and flip you off with the other hand all while at 140mph!!

I hate guys that tuck at like 60mph!!!

or give the universal ... "giddy up" sign at 130 + :lol:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Well, first we start with drinks, then maybe some dinner. Following that up with some snuggling at the movies, then some more drinks. After that we usually share some wine in front of the fire, and then we...Oh! Wait, you said Tucking!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.