Two Wheel Forums banner

Which bike has made the biggest impact...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which one of the above mentioned rides, in your opinion, has made the biggest impact on motorcycling, overall. Technology, style, performance, comfort, cutting edge, etc.

And give your reasons why !

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
NO question about it! The '86 GSXR-750/1100 made the biggest impact, current day sport riding..... other than that I'd have to day the '69 Honda 750. :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fark !! I just realized I left out the 'busa ...If you wanna vote it, just choose the last option and explain down here.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Fark !! I just realized I left out the 'busa ...If you wanna vote it, just choose the last option and explain down here.
That's why I couldn't vote....just had to speak my peace... :lol:

·
Registered
955 Posts
i also voted for the gsxr750 but in my opinion the 85 600 ninja really was the first full fairing sport/race bike, with 16" wheels and it replaced the kawasaki gpz bikes on the race tracks...but i am glad they got rid of those 16" wheels....

then the hurricane showed up :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
GsxrJack said:
i also voted for the gsxr750 but in my opinion the 85 600 ninja really was the first full fairing sport/race bike, with 16" wheels and it replaced the kawasaki gpz bikes on the race tracks...but i am glad they got rid of those 16" wheels....

then the hurricane showed up :thumbs:
True dat Jack..... I agree with you on the Ninja, but those 16" wheels really did affect the handling..... I think the GSXR was the first bike you could buy and take to the track and be competitve. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I agree with 2FURYUS but with the 69 cb750 being most important. The CB gave the idea, and the 86 GSXR gave the formula. The parents of twin spar inline fours.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
If you go by performance, the 1973 Kawasaki 900 Z1 was the bike that set sport bike motorcycling on the road to where it is today. It was helped in handling and more performance by the 1978 Suzuki GS1000, 1983 Honda Interceptor, 1985 900 Ninja, 1986 GSXR 1100,and 1998 Yamaha R1. And those are just off the top of my head.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I watched them drop a Goldwing from a 100 ft crane in Sturgis...It made one H3LL of an impact!!...OH, Is that not what you meant?... :whistle:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
You can say what you want but Yamaha started it all with the R7 then the R6. The R1 should not even be on your poll - it should be the R7 or the R6. That is what all the other manufacturer's have copied off to come up with their current day designs. R6 lead the way back in 1999. The rest have all just followed like the sheep they are.

·
Registered
955 Posts
double2000r6 said:
You can say what you want but Yamaha started it all with the R7 then the R6. The R1 should not even be on your poll - it should be the R7 or the R6. That is what all the other manufacturer's have copied off to come up with their current day designs. R6 lead the way back in 1999. The rest have all just followed like the sheep they are.
as far as yamaha, i think the early FJ600s and the FZ and FZR's had a big impact on the racing scene...all great bikes

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
gonna have to go with the zx10r. yes almost brand new and still new to the world as far as the new model. but i woul have to say this is going to have a big impact on bikes plus im a kawi guy. but i would take a zx10r over a busa anyday.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sorry but I have to say it would be a Harley. No other name is recognized by so many. You might not be into motorcylcing, but just about everyone can appreciate a Harley. I think that as a company they have made the biggest impact, but I couldn't narrow it down to a single model.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Becca_007 said:
Sorry but I have to say it would be a Harley. No other name is recognized by so many. You might not be into motorcylcing, but just about everyone can appreciate a Harley. I think that as a company they have made the biggest impact, but I couldn't narrow it down to a single model.
Is the cold effecting you people's brains!!! :wtf: :bash:

It seems like Twisty and I are going to have to make a few trips to kick some arse!!!! :cursin: :screwy: :loser: :dupe: :bonk: :nonod:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hey now, the question was which had the biggest impact on motorcycling overall. You might not like 'em, but you have to admit they influence even the general public. I'd say that's a pretty darn big impact.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am going to go with the Yam and the Gixxer. In my opinion, the Yam has started it all for the sport but it was the gixxer that made it what it is today.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts