Two Wheel Forums banner

Which litre bike and why?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm starting my research on litre bikes, as it were, I'm looking at turning the R6 into a racer and buyin' the litre bike for every day riding, etc.

So I'm making a poll on the litre bikes I like and am asking who likes what and why. So please feel free to comment on whatever you like, why, dislikes, why, etc.

Oh yeah, if this is in the wrong section, which it probably is though I didn't know what it would belong in, I know it'll be moved by mods / admin which is cool. I would've posted it in "Polls" but I don't have permission to do so. :sorry:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
r1sharknose said:
This is my first sportbike, if i had tried one of the others i may have voted differently.

And by the way the zx12 and busa aren't 1000's

That's because they are litre bikes or larger. Still, I know it's unfair but I don't particularly care for the Kawasaki or the Suzuki. Figured I'd have to put them in the poll anyways to not offend anyone.

But so far, I'd have to pick the MV Augusta because I haven't seen any on the road in the U.S. as of yet so I'd have to be like original.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Where's the love for ZX10R, 1000RR, & Gixxer 1k? My personal opionion is that Aprillia, Ducati, and MV are all poser bikes since I know more poser with them than any other owners of other brands (mostly due to the price tag and bling factors, I guess). I would personally pick the Busa for everyday riding since you can use it to ride around town or go touring.

*Have you ever looked at Honda VFR800? I've also heard of a lot of good reviews from Triumph Sprint owners. Another good choice is looking into BMW bikes which tend to be a good mix of off road, touring, and street ridings.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Samurai_Jack said:
Where's the love for ZX10R, 1000RR, & Gixxer 1k? My personal opionion is that Aprillia, Ducati, and MV are all poser bikes since I know more poser with them than any other owners of other brands (mostly due to the price tag and bling factors, I guess). I would personally pick the Busa for everyday riding since you can use it to ride around town or go touring.

*Have you ever looked at Honda VFR800? I've also heard of a lot of good reviews from Triumph Sprint owners. Another good choice is looking into BMW bikes which tend to be a good mix of off road, touring, and street ridings.
Don't particularly care for BMWs. I was thinkin' about gettig the Triumph 650 actually, but steered away from that one when I made the decision. And the ZX10R, 1000RR and Gixxer 1000, well, I just wanted to up the bikes on those makes cause I don't really care for the Kawasaki or the Suzuki. I do like the Hondas though, just not a big fan of their seats as I heard and sat on the 600RR and it was like sitting on a piece of plywood. :2cents:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm a loyal Red Rider! Honda all the way. Just my preference. I know the RC is not the fastest, bla bla bla. But making the switch from my CBR to the RC I eventually fell in love. FOr everyday riding the RC seat is like sitting on a piece of plywood. But nothing a Corbin cant fix. I am VERY happy with my RC and right now cant see me going to anything else.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Why isnt the Gixxer up there? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR NEWBEE f'ing a$$. GET F'ING CLUE son before i beat one into you head....:lol:

The Gixxer model is the #1 selling MC model so far this year. So you need to change the poll to include the Gixxer.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
That's because they are litre bikes or larger. Still, I know it's unfair but I don't particularly care for the Kawasaki or the Suzuki. Figured I'd have to put them in the poll anyways to not offend anyone.
I'm offended! :bslap:
Samurai_Jack said:
My personal opionion is that Aprillia, Ducati, and MV are all poser bikes since I know more poser with them than any other owners of other brands
:withstupi Most I have seen are the same but, I ride my Ducs on and off the track and I know of a few more Ducs and Aprillias that are ridden the same.
twisty said:
Why isnt the Gixxer up there? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR NEWBEE f'ing a$$. GET F'ING CLUE son before i beat one into you head....:lol:

The Gixxer model is the #1 selling MC model so far this year. So you need to change the poll to include the Gixxer.
Go get'em Twisty! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
litre bike for every day riding, etc.
You've already got a racer, so get something comfortable. I couldn't be happier with my busa. It's stupid fast, it's 10x more comfortable than anything you listed, and you can still ride it aggressively in turns.

If it were me, I'd at least go sit on all the bikes you're talking about. If you were just getting something to take out in the twisties all the time, I'd go a different route. But for daily riding, you can't beat a busa IMO.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
And yes, THE *litre* bike to have this year is the gixxer 1000. The only problem is, everyone is getting them and next year the other brands will have something new.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
twisty said:

Told you guys before I really don't particularly care for the Kawasaki and Suzuki models. Just don't like 'em. My opinion though, so I guess I should edit them and take them out completely? :scratch:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pigface1 said:
And yes, THE *litre* bike to have this year is the gixxer 1000. The only problem is, everyone is getting them and next year the other brands will have something new.

Yes, I know. And that just adds to my reasoning for not putting the Gixxer 1K and the ZX-10R. I've seen so many Kawasakis and Suzukis on the road around here and in Colorado. That's like what EVERYONE seems to have. So I want to be different as I have been told I am "very different".

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
So go get that MV Augusta F4 1000S and put it in the garage so you will have something to dust off.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jeeps84 said:
So go get that MV Augusta F4 1000S and put it in the garage so you will have something to dust off.

Hell no man. No freakin' way I'd spend the money on it and leave it in the garage. You're nutty. I'd ride it. Not gonna be like a poser with it sitting in the garage and show it off like, "I spent 30K on this and yeah, it sits here cause it looks pretty!" No freakin' way man....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts