Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I already have a TarMac jacket by Icon. I'm looking at the Icon Team Merc jacket in neon green cause I'll be working on Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas and they require you to wear a vest for safety reasons. Or would you choose the Joe Rocket Speedmaster Leather Jacket?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
GO with the Joe Rocket Speedmaster Leather Jacket.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
GO with the Joe Rocket Speedmaster Leather Jacket.

Would you even say that if I'm in El Paso, Texas and it gets like 100+ degrees? It only snowed ONCE and I was here for two years before this time. But the "snow" was just like enough to come from the sky and melt as soon as it touched the pavement. It only gets like 30 at night and early morning during the winter.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Yes. Both are great jackets. But I would go with the Joe Rocket. Its not going to get as hot as you might think it would be. Just open up the vents on the sleves and it will cool you down enough. :dthumb:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I especially like the speed hump on the JR jackets. I have to wear a XXXL in Icon b/c my forearms wont fit in anything smaller, needless to say - I dont have any Icon stuff.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
snakemann said:
I especially like the speed hump on the JR jackets. I have to wear a XXXL in Icon b/c my forearms wont fit in anything smaller, needless to say - I dont have any Icon stuff.

That's one reason why I was lookin' more towards the JR one. Also cause I'm thinkin' about full leathers, boots and Track Days...so I figure it'll be better. but I do like the AlpineStars suits better.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Get the JR Reactor jacket, that is if its 100+ n' all. If youre not worried about that, get the speedmaster, its niiiiice!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JK_DILLA said:
Get the JR Reactor jacket, that is if its 100+ n' all. If youre not worried about that, get the speedmaster, its niiiiice!
Yeah, I saw the JR Speedmaster jacket but every place I've seen it wants like $450+ for it. But the full two-piece leathers that I'm looking at from AlpineStars is only retailing for like $650-$700, so I figure that'll be a better investment.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I have a JR Speedmaster jacket and love it! Been down in it and it is still in great condition.

Some racing requires 1.4mm of cowhide and many jackets don't have that. Go with the good stuff. That way you don't have to buy another jacket! The speedmaster series will do it all and you won't have to worry!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whatever brand you get, make sure it's perforated.

As you know, it gets pretty warm here in the summer.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
well eve n thought i think he left, for the military icon has a orange vest type thing

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have the black/gun Speedmaster and love it. It's by far the best jacket I have.

I also have the black Icon you have up there and I love that jacket too. They're two different jackets for two different purposes. The speedmaster feels like it weighs 20lbs.

The Icon is definitely cooler, but obviously not as much as my Phoenix mesh.

Anything other than mesh is hot out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts