Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok, here is my 2nd official post of spokesperson for this forum, ok, well maybe not spokesman, but it sounded good.

I'm looking more at the Ninja ZX-6R or the ZX-6RR, not sure which one yet. Since I am still a rook on a bike, I'm not to sure I want stretch my limits yet with a ZX-10R. The power would overcome my ability to ride it, for starters, but w/ a little experience, I'll be cruising in my ZX-12R in no time.. Yeah right, that would never happen.

My limit will be the ZX-6RR. I don't need something to outrun the cops. :)

T-N

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
split off this thread for ya, so we can generate some advice in the proper place :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Forget the Ninjas and buy an R6.. Then when, if ever, you get the hang of it switch to an R1. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

u might as well switch to a Yamaha now...once he takes office, we'll all be deported for riding anything other than a piano bike!! :D Although, per the norm of TWF, expect opinions on more than just the Kawa's...but you'll have Gas Man on your side if nobody else is! ;)

seriously though..we've got some pics and info in this kawasaki forum about both bikes.... from a true kick a$$ balls out ride, get the R , but if you want alittle more comfort, and user friendly style, get the RR. either one is good, but dont even think about the 10R yet...thats a truely beast ride to short for after many many moons in the saddle. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
ThumpinNinja said:
ok ok, here is my 2nd official post of spokesperson for this forum, ok, well maybe not spokesman, but it sounded good.

I'm looking more at the Ninja ZX-6R or the ZX-6RR, not sure which one yet. Since I am still a rook on a bike, I'm not to sure I want stretch my limits yet with a ZX-10R. The power would overcome my ability to ride it, for starters, but w/ a little experience, I'll be cruising in my ZX-12R in no time.. Yeah right, that would never happen.

My limit will be the ZX-6RR. I don't need something to outrun the cops. :)

T-N

Go with a gixxer. You will be very happy. If not, get the R6. Still if you can't, go with the ZX-6RR. :D

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Go with a gixxer. You will be very happy. If not, get the R6. Still if you can't, go with the ZX-6RR. :D
Old Testament Chapter 7 Verse 4 from the book of DJ. This has been the word of the bike lord. Amen. lol.

Well said DJ.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'll stick up for ya.... but i think you really need to go with the 636! That bike rocks and the other 600's can't keep up. Go figure, it's got 36 cc's on it with all the latest bells and whistles on everything.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Old Testament Chapter 7 Verse 4 from the book of DJ. This has been the word of the bike lord. Amen. lol.

Well said DJ.

I only do my best to so I know I will be at your round table in the new world. :D

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Oh you are definately there my brother - you will be there fo sizzle. It will be all the valued members of TWF, WOS, a select few friends, a very select and very few relatives and of course Snoop Doggy Dizog. Believe dat.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
If it's going to be your first bike, I would honestly suggest a 500, instead of the 6. You'll be able to learn more and the squid opportunities will be decreased with the 500. Start slow and work your way up.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I gotta go with the Captain on this one. A 600 is not a starter bike. Buy a good used SV, or ninja or even, (shudder) a small cruiser. Learn how to ride with confidence and competence before you pull a Wiley Coyote and saddle up a rocket.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
he loves the ninja's to death, and I know he's had his eye on one..ive mentioned to him several times that if its gotta be a ninja, atleast go with the 500 ninja to start out...very worst case, go with a zx6...but I'll go along with him hopefully when he's ready to buy and see what we can find.

you'll be happy with a 500 ninja allen, they'll treat you right till u get ur feet wet alittle bit, then u can always sell it pretty easily to other folks like urself looking to start out.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
NOPE you're both wrong!! I owned a ninja 500 and wish I would have went with a 600. It has more room for growth. Luckly when I was riding the 500 I didn't ride with any REALLY fast guys!

However, beyond the more power, there are other things that you guys aren't considering! The Ninja EX500 doesn't have adjustable suspension settings. This extremely limits its growth potential.

GO WITH THE 600! However, if you're going to go with a older 600, you are better off with a R6! I'm a Kaw guy but the 6R vs a R6...the R6 will always come out on top, regardless! (TAKE NOTE MP!)

Don't get me wrong I usually always endorse the Kaw but I'm trying to give the best suggestion!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
However, beyond the more power, there are other things that you guys aren't considering! The Ninja EX500 doesn't have adjustable suspension settings. This extremely limits its growth potential.
yeah the riders who are lookin at it for a starter bike, arent gonna have it long enuff to worry about how much growth they can get out of it, dont ya think?

the 600 would definatley last him alonger time as far as being able to grow into the bike, so to speak.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
But it will also set him up with something that is closer to what they'll have when they step up, if they step up!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
But it will also set him up with something that is closer to what they'll have when they step up, if they step up!

but there is a world of difference between a zx6, r6, 600rr, or whatever vs a 500 ninja anyways, so there's only some much preparing you can do on a 500 to try and step up to a beast 600. wouldnt think it would matter that much, but I could be wrong. :)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm just telling you...I've rode a 500 and have spoke to a few others that have!! Get the 600 (R6) and you will thank me later!!!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
I'm just telling you...I've rode a 500 and have spoke to a few others that have!! Get the 600 (R6) and you will thank me later!!!!
:bowdown:

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's all in the rider and their how they treat the power. My first bike is the one I still have....a ZX7R and I'm glad I started on it. I knew I would respect it until I learned to ride it and I did just that. No problems. My brother, same story. Just got his first bike, a CBR600RR. He respects it's power and is learning on a great piece of machinery that he'll be able to keep for a while. If you can respect it then buy the 600. I knew I could respect 750 so that's what I went with. 2 years and I'm looking into the 1000's now. Probably not 2005 but 2006 for sure....just my :2cents:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts