Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new air filter, it doesn't have to be OEM. I've, in the past, purchased my parts from AZmotorsports.com, they've got decent prices.

Here is their price for a stock air filter:
SV650/1000 OEM Air Filter Year: 99-02-20F(+12.17) 48.84
Note the extra $12.17 because I own a 1999. This seems ridiculously high to me for an air filter, but maybe not? Are there other options that don't require extreme modification?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
For about the same price you could get a K&N. It's washable and will last the life of the bike. Supposedly, it doesn't filter as well as the paper filters, and leans out the mixture.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. Get the K&N for the same price.

As far as not filtering as much....Ya right! They filter way better. But can lean out the mixture a bit if you got carbs. If you are FI then don't worry about it. However, you will also notice some better responsiveness with the better air flow!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I've never heard a complaint from someone using a K&N...and it will more than pay for itself over a relatively short period of time. :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I have a K&N on my GSXR and have had them on all my bikes and love them. Never a problem with them. :)

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Has anyone thought to check the price from our new contributing sponsor? After all, they are paying some of the bills!! They need the money!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts