Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have state farm 70 a month for full coverage for my busa. Progressive wanted 590.00 a month not going to pay more for the insurance than I do the bike!

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I got USAA for my truck and bike. paying 135 for both. Full on the truck. Theft and collision on the bike w/ a 300 dollar deductible. I lucked out cuz USAA doesn't accept MC's for insurance anymore.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
SF and I paid $75 for the year. No that was added on with the othr few cars to help with a multi discount. :dthumb:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Some division of GMAC Insurance. I got the insurance thru a recommendation at the MSF classes. It's $800 for the year, full coverage with a $100 deductible.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
This has been discussed soooooo many times on TWF...

SF is the BEST!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
:iagree: Gas Man, I have State Farm and it's only $19.00 a month for full coverage with a $250 deductible.

:jacked: Gas Man, did you read my response for your "illegal plate/tag" thread. Figure it'll be something that WOS would like for thier bikes seeing as how you like never go under 90mph! :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah those are cool...but you can go one better... get one of those LCD plate covers.... when you turn the power on to the cover it goes black/gray and you can't see throught it so you can't see the plate...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah I heard a Gieco MC commercial the other day on the radio... Was like....Hummm.... interesting....

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
Yeah I heard a Gieco MC commercial the other day on the radio... Was like....Hummm.... interesting....

I don't like Gieco. They won't even take me with my car cause I have one ticket, much like USAA.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah sure...I thought they were geared more towards high risk but I guess I was wrong!! I have SF and love em!!

·
Banned
474 Posts
I have Liberty Mutual @ 72 bucks a month

State Farm wanted me to pay $900 per month!!!

A 23 year old female with no tickets and no accidents.

with an 05 gixxer 600

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:
I have Liberty Mutual @ 72 bucks a month

State Farm wanted me to pay $900 per month!!!

A 23 year old female with no tickets and no accidents.

with an 05 gixxer 600
Diva...most of if not all the time, you must insure your MC with a car/truck otherwise they jack it up like you had for a quote! You are still paying WAY too much!! I only pay like $400 or so a year..full coverage and $500 collision deductable!!!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I have USAA on the truck and car $84 a month. I originally had USAA for the bike, they really don't like motorcycles $900 quote. They sub it out to progressive now. I went thru an indipendant agent it was $420 a year last year then it raised to $545 this year, just due to the amount of claims they had last year.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can't believe these ridiculous cheap prices you guys are paying for your insurance :bash: I am paying $1000/yr with Foremost on my 636 with liability, $500 deductible, and comprehensive. Full coverage on the bike alone would have cost me 2k a year. I have a 2 year old bike, been riding for over 3 years and driving for over 5 years, no tix & no accidents. :sob: I don't even wanna mention how much my car insurance is...

And yes, I've called up every major insurance company there is...

·
Banned
474 Posts
Gas Man said:
Diva...most of if not all the time, you must insure your MC with a car/truck otherwise they jack it up like you had for a quote! You are still paying WAY too much!! I only pay like $400 or so a year..full coverage and $500 collision deductable!!!
I was already with State Farm when I called them for a quote. So I switched over to Liberty Mutual because they got my car insurance down to 120 per month plus the 72 per month for my bike. Thats full coverage on both and $500 ded I got towing...car rental... all the above.

You also got to appoint for where I live with my rate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts