Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if there was anyone out there that rides without one? :whistle:

I've got one, and when I moved to Alabama they almost forgot to put it on my license while transferring my Arizona information. :crazy:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Ive got mine.. commercial drivers license, doubles/triples, tanker, and motorcycle..LOL

cost me like 90.00 to get it renewed though too.. :eek:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Just curious if there was anyone out there that rides without one? :whistle:

I've got one, and when I moved to Alabama they almost forgot to put it on my license while transferring my Arizona information. :crazy:
When I renewed my license this year they asked if I wanted to keep my motorcycle endorsement. DUH. But I rode for a year on a learner's permit before I passed my test.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I can still remember the day I got my MC permit stamped by MSF..man I was sooooo happy I couldnt believe it..I road around on cloud 9 for...well, I still do it! :D

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Got mine :seeya: , but it always amazes me when people say they don't and still ride. I used to ride with a sheriff buddy who didn't, he said his badge was as much endorsement as he needed. :rant: that always used to rub me the wrong way for some reason.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
twisty said:
I rode with out mine for two years in Florida. I was to young ride a bike then. When I move to Michigan I never switched mine from Florida and I popped with a misdemeanor for not transferring it over.
:doh: That'll learn ya quick huh

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Since age 18 :cheers:
Calif is lax about MC endorsement. Know a number of long time riders who donot have MC endorsement :crazy:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I rode my first 2 years without one till I got popped on a ride with 5 other bikes 4 miles outside of Marquette, MI, doign 70 in a 55. The officer so kindly offered speeding tickets to all or a no endorsement ticket to me (I was the only one w/o). Seeing as its 2 points and over $100 fine here I highly recommend to get one if you don't have it. I went and got it the next week but they still wouldnt let me out of the ticket. :rant:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I only rode 2 blocks by myself when I didn't have my endorsement. That was so I could bring my bike down to the house (from the barn) to wash it. I didn't want to screw myself by getting caught ridng without an endorsement, so except that one time, I didn't.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
twisty said:
When I move to Michigan I never switched mine from Florida and I popped with a misdemeanor for not transferring it over.
When I moved to Indiana from Utah, they didn't transfer it over and I didn't even think about it at the time because I didn't have a bike. I bought a bike a year later and was out riding one night and got pulled over. Got a ticket for not having an endorsement as well as speeding + improper display of registration (bulb was burned out and cop couldn't "see" license plate :rolleyes: ) Called the lawyer the next morning, sent him proof of having passed the MSF test in Utah, and he got the tickets taken care of for me. I had to take the test in Indiana because they couldn't read the photocopy of my Utah license :rolleyes: so I now have the endorsement.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
When I moved to Indiana from Utah, they didn't transfer it over and I didn't even think about it at the time because I didn't have a bike. I bought a bike a year later and was out riding one night and got pulled over. Got a ticket for not having an endorsement as well as speeding + improper display of registration (bulb was burned out and cop couldn't "see" license plate :rolleyes: ) Called the lawyer the next morning, sent him proof of having passed the MSF test in Utah, and he got the tickets taken care of for me. I had to take the test in Indiana because they couldn't read the photocopy of my Utah license :rolleyes: so I now have the endorsement.
well thats retarded..read the copy or not,u shouldnt have had to take the course again...damn DOT.. :puke: ..but thats why they have such a good rep in every state :bash:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
well thats retarded..read the copy or not,u shouldnt have had to take the course again...damn DOT.. :puke: ..but thats why they have such a good rep in every state :bash:
Well, I didn't have to take the full course, just had to pass the test, which was rather simple.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Well, I didn't have to take the full course, just had to pass the test, which was rather simple.

yeah, the test is easy, but just the fact that you had to do it again..oh well, DOT sux, what else is new...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts