Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
6/23/04. Ran off the road by a cager. 2003 FZ1 totalled. Broken clavicle. My first and only broken broken bone in 36 years of living.

edit: I broke it in 2 places. Does that add bonus points? :D

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
A few fingers and toes, mostly from flying sh!^. Fell and broke my leg once. Fell once and had the bike roll over on me and the handlebar poked me in the gut so hard it ruptured my colon and they had to open me up...but mostly been fortunate and have become a believer in the proper equipment.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I was 12 and broke my right arm and my color bone. Now I was riding a bike but it was still 2 wheels. :D Other then that...no more so far.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
oh god, thank goodness you brought this up in the offseason..u could have jinxed me. ive never had a broken bone due to riding... only a broken bone in my toe from tripping over my pant cuff.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
oh god, thank goodness you brought this up in the offseason..u could have jinxed me. ive never had a broken bone due to riding... only a broken bone in my toe from tripping over my pant cuff.. :rolleyes:
Was this while trying to put them on the other day?? :lol: Sorry..had to. :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Was this while trying to put them on the other day?? :lol: Sorry..had to. :D

nah that was like 2 years ago, i had on these long arse baggy jeans and i was coming around the corner in the kitchen, and i got my big toe caught inside the cuff, i went down to the ground and smashed my toe on the baseboard..swelled up like a grape!! :eek:

·
Registered
408 Posts
2/1/94 crashed a brand new 93 ZR1100 on a pre-delivery test ride (improperly prepped by someone else). 7-1/2 hours of reconstructive surgery left me with 2 plates, 13 screws, a lag bolt, and some safety wire holding my left arm together just above the elbow. The lag bolt was removed about a year later and I am having surgery 12/6/04 to remove scar tissue and relocate my ulnar nerve.

I highly recommend not crashing :D

Larry

·
Registered
146 Posts
larryg said:
2/1/94 crashed a brand new 93 ZR1100 on a pre-delivery test ride (improperly prepped by someone else). 7-1/2 hours of reconstructive surgery left me with 2 plates, 13 screws, a lag bolt, and some safety wire holding my left arm together just above the elbow. The lag bolt was removed about a year later and I am having surgery 12/6/04 to remove scar tissue and relocate my ulnar nerve.

I highly recommend not crashing :D

Larry
what was wrong with the bike?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Damn Larryg....with the bike being improperly prepped by someone else, did they or were they held for your mishap??

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Mojo said:
I broke the tip of my left elbow off in the TL Tank Slapper incident.

broke it off ?????? ouch!! how'd u manage that one on a tank slapper?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
broke it off ?????? ouch!! how'd u manage that one on a tank slapper?
Well, they always say it's the landing that hurts... It was a very, very nasty slapper that pitched me before it stabilized. The docs bolted it back on. After about a year I was able to get full strength and range of motion and ride again.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Yikes !!! thats a bad place to get an injury..affect everything about ur arm motion..OUCH!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hmm, it's been a while but I broke both lower legs, one was a compound and broke through the skin, shattered my right wrist and fractured my pelvis like a wishbone. This all happened when my '88 hurricane smacked into a delta 88. My helmet was a mess but surely saved me from major head trauma and quite possibly death.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
nah that was like 2 years ago, i had on these long arse baggy jeans and i was coming around the corner in the kitchen, and i got my big toe caught inside the cuff, i went down to the ground and smashed my toe on the baseboard..swelled up like a grape!! :eek:

LOL OMG... I am so sorry but I was rolling reading this!!! :lol: I never broke anything riding but when I was 7 I stepped down off a porch and sprained my ankle. Was on crutches for a few weeks. I was an accident prone child! I'm actually quite surprised I haven't broken anything yet.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
Hmm, it's been a while but I broke both lower legs, one was a compound and broke through the skin, shattered my right wrist and fractured my pelvis like a wishbone. This all happened when my '88 hurricane smacked into a delta 88. My helmet was a mess but surely saved me from major head trauma and quite possibly death.
WOW...right through the skin. :eek: Now that really sounds like it had to hurt. Glad to see you had a lid and ok. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah that ego stuff hurts!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts