Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved here for a great job. Some people move to get closer to, or further away from relatives. But who would move to get closer to better riding or better riding weather? I moved from New York City. Great place to grow up, but a terrible place to ride. Rained almost every weekend. I would go to my friend's farm in up-state NY to go riding, and I was going to move up there until I was offered a summer job out west. Wow. Dry weather, twisties, scenery, decent roads, and open spaces. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
I like it here in western NC all four seasons and you never really quit riding in the winter.
It would take allot to get me to move away from riding mountain roads. Deals Gap is on my door steep almost. :wink:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,104 Posts
I wouldn't move for that alone. But relocating from Phoenix to 'da souf' sure earned more exciting riding opportunities. Not that I didn't enjoy straight and flat roads in 120 degrees. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
Only if I could get a job that would support my riding habit. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
good topic!! I sure would move for riding. But with conditions. I would need to find a job that is equal or better than the one i have now. I would also need temporary living accomodations, until i could find my own place.

That being said, if anyone knows of any company hiring mechanical engineers down south pm me gotta be somewhere warm, with lotsa twisties :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
Hell no, I love this bull$h!t snow! Makes for fun driving, and brings the best out in people! NOT :cursin:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I'm with Ace on this! I love Michigan and it's 4 week long riding season!! NOT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
DAN DUBEAU said:
good topic!! I sure would move for riding. But with conditions. I would need to find a job that is equal or better than the one i have now. I would also need temporary living accomodations, until i could find my own place.

That being said, if anyone knows of any company hiring mechanical engineers down south pm me gotta be somewhere warm, with lotsa twisties :dthumb:
and Molson beer, eh? GOT to have Molson or minimum Labby blue..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Thas why i wouldn't hesitate. I would still have connections to good beer up here so that wouldn't be part of the thought process.

People at the post office would be wondering why i'm receiving "care packages" every few days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
chev said:
Even if I was single I couldn't.....just couldn't leave my WOS brothers and sisters..... :hug: :screwy: :seeya: :leaving:
I have lil' reason to move for riding... may not have the quality of twisties.. but a two day winter... can't ask for a much longer riding season...

Yo Chev.. you could always start your own chapter of WOS... :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Or wait and win the lotto and transplant WOS somewhere else and bring all the brothers and sisters with me!!!

Actually, another chapter almost started. They just don't know it. I almost ended up moving to Milwaukee....not any better for weather though, that's for sure. At the end of the day, saw no reason to pursue it any longer but that's another subject for another thread...not trying to :jacked:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
chev said:
Or wait and win the lotto and transplant WOS somewhere else and bring all the brothers and sisters with me!!!

Actually, another chapter almost started. They just don't know it. I almost ended up moving to Milwaukee....not any better for weather though, that's for sure. At the end of the day, saw no reason to pursue it any longer but that's another subject for another thread...not trying to :jacked:

You finally dropped that Hermafrodite porn thing! GOOD! You were scaring me for a while! :sorry: LOL Just kidding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
Ace said:
You finally dropped that Hermafrodite porn thing! GOOD! You were scaring me for a while! :sorry: LOL Just kidding.
That is good.. I think now though he is looking into doing some Grandpa Baby porn or something.. Man.. Is there no limits? :smash:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
double2000r6 said:
That is good.. I think now though he is looking into doing some Grandpa Baby porn or something.. Man.. Is there no limits? :smash:
If there are any, I can count on Ace and Mud crossing them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
chev said:
If there are any, I can count on Ace and Mud crossing them!
:seeya: relax brotha! I was just kidding. :hug: But for every line crossed, there is always another!

Sorry, time for my bubble bath, or is that bath with "bubbles".

Thats all I have!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Ya here in Michigan the summers are good but to much down time waitin for summer to get here. If the lotto thing happined I'd be somewhere near THE GAP . That place could never get old . :twfrox:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
No Worries said:
I moved here for a great job. Some people move to get closer to, or further away from relatives. But who would move to get closer to better riding or better riding weather? I moved from New York City. Great place to grow up, but a terrible place to ride. Rained almost every weekend. I would go to my friend's farm in up-state NY to go riding, and I was going to move up there until I was offered a summer job out west. Wow. Dry weather, twisties, scenery, decent roads, and open spaces. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
got a guest room? :wink: :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top