Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm in El Paso, Texas solely cause I'm to get a job as a government employee but as soon as possible, I'm leaving. I think it's like a year or up to three to get settled and then transfer to another base or place for a government job. I'm going to have to look into it cause this is why I HATE this place :

Tonight (Saturday)
Slight Chc
Tstms
Lo 70°F

Sunday
Slight Chc
Tstms
Hi 98°F

Sunday
Night
Slight Chc
Tstms
Lo 69°F

Monday
Sunny
Hi 98°F

Monday
Night
Slight Chc
Tstms
Lo 70°F

Tuesday
Mostly
Sunny
Hi 100°F

Tuesday
Night
Mostly
Clear
Lo 72°F

Wednesday
Hot
Hi 102°F

Wednesday
Night
Mostly
Clear
Lo 73°F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, don't I know it. And to think, I was gonna go ride tonight but I stepped outside and for ONCE the weather people are right, it was raining! :doh: :cry:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
What's wrong with that!!! Don't even get me started on forked up weather!! I live in Michigan and nobody has more forked up weather than us!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gas Man said:
What's wrong with that!!! Don't even get me started on forked up weather!! I live in Michigan and nobody has more forked up weather than us!!

Michigan weather..Bah!

I'm just saying like the 100+degree temps and then rain at night. It stinks cause I'd go riding at night, but then the rain. Argh, the only good thing is that it rains here and the water usually dries up before it can collect cause the pavement is so hot.
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
Hehe... yeah we are at 100 too... with %100 humidity! Then, like a smack in the face, before we know it it will be 30 and snowing again.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,147 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Hehe... yeah we are at 100 too... with %100 humidity! Then, like a smack in the face, before we know it it will be 30 and snowing again.

And I will be there to report it every snow shoveling day!!! :lol: ... :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The snow has gotta suck for riding. Although I imagine there are people that still go out riding in the snow. Wonder who they'd be??? :scratch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
The snow has gotta suck for riding. Although I imagine there are people that still go out riding in the snow. Wonder who they'd be??? :scratch:

those crazy guys on those BMW bikes

was in a snow storm back in april and got passed on the freeway by some guy on one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chilly said:
those crazy guys on those BMW bikes

was in a snow storm back in april and got passed on the freeway by some guy on one

I don't believe that I'd take my R6 out in the snow, rain, alright but snow... You'd have to be :screwy: to do that.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
The snow has gotta suck for riding. Although I imagine there are people that still go out riding in the snow. Wonder who they'd be??? :scratch:
That would be me.
It snows here 3 to 5 inches and is cleared of the roads. If the temp gets above 40 degrees, I'm up for a ride.
Some times the snow is still un the ground. I have been caught at work and had to ride home in it also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jeeps84 said:
That would be me.
It snows here 3 to 5 inches and is cleared of the roads. If the temp gets above 40 degrees, I'm up for a ride.
Some times the snow is still un the ground. I have been caught at work and had to ride home in it also.

Well, that's normal. Can't really rely on these weather people. But I don't know about purposely riding my bike in the snow with street tyres on it though. I'd be a little iffy on that one and I do some crazy drivin' in my cage. So much so that many people are scared to drive with me in it. I even had a kid here tell me that him and his VW GTI wanted to race me, I said, Ok, but we go through traffic during rush hour. From one side of the town to another. He was like, Well, let's see how you drive first. So I took him, after that, he said he'd only race me on the 1/2mile track they got out here.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
If the road was turning white, I would call for a ride.
I did drop a bike in the slush once. I thought I could make it home before it got that bad.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top