Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it when the guys go for a ride, we just point and ride? :dthumb:
When the girls ride with us (some on there owen bikes and others on the back) always want a destination. :scratch:
Example of today;
This morning about 10:00 am the phone rings and its one of my faster riding friends.
He says, Me and the wife are going for a ride today and wanted to break away from the normal group and she wanted my wife to ride also (my wife is a fair weather rider, 60 degrees+)

We put them on the phone together and I don't know what was discussed but, it was set. We meet, all on our owen bikes. :dthumb:
Then the question came! Where are we going?
The men tossed around some routes and the women just wanted to know where we were going to end up. ( took 15 minutes just to figure it out with them) :cursin:

We (men) never know nor care where we end up most of the time. Half the time we will start some where just to change direction midway to some where else.
The women that ride with us (not just our wives) always want a true destination. :cursin:

Heck, I was 30 miles from the house one day and a nasty storm came through. I ended up riding 200+ miles to the house just to stay dry and had fun doing it. :crazy: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
I just ride to ride. I don't care where I will end as long as its on 2 wheels. :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I just ride to ride. I don't care where I will end as long as its on 2 wheels. :dthumb:
:iagree: I've had more fun and stumbled across more interesting things by having no set destination than planning shyyt out. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
jeeps84 said:
The women that ride with us (not just our wives) always want a true destination. :cursin: :lol:
It true even after the fact... today I was talking about the butt burner this weekend... and all the ladies say where did you go... :skep: I simply point North east and say... That way... :wink: I don't understand it... we ride to ride... we go places to go places...the two really don't mix... in that aspect :flush:

- :leaving:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Low said:
we ride to ride... we go places to go places...the two really don't mix... in that aspect :flush:

- :leaving:
We have ridden many places byway of going through other places to get there. Usually the long way there or back. :dthumb:
When Im on the bike, its getting there and back is the fun part. :wink: That's just another excuse to ride. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
jeeps84 said:
When Im on the bike, its getting there and back is the fun part. :wink: That's just another excuse to ride. :lol:
i love my hour drive to work and back when i ride. makes work so much more enjoyable
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zx636r said:
i love my hour drive to work and back when i ride. makes work so much more enjoyable
I use to work 7 miles from the house.
Took like 5 minutes to get to work and 2 or 3 hours to get home. :dthumb:
My wife hated that sometimes. :cursin: at me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,082 Posts
jeeps84 said:
I use to work 7 miles from the house.
Took like 5 minutes to get to work and 2 or 3 hours to get home. :dthumb:
My wife hated that sometimes. :cursin: at me.

There is a Bike night closeto my house it takes me 150 miles to get there and 12 miles to get back home... I Love it:dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
When I go for a ride, I'm riding to my house, from my house. I take different routes to get there, but that's where I go and where I start. :D That's what you should tell the women the next time they ask where you're going. Just say, "home, eventually".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
When I go for a ride, I'm riding to my house, from my house. I take different routes to get there, but that's where I go and where I start. :D That's what you should tell the women the next time they ask where you're going. Just say, "home, eventually".
I use that same line when my parents ask where i'm going. I just say i'm "going home".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
twisty said:
Well I work in the city so there is no sweet roads from work to home. But the crackheads like when Im wheeling down 8mile in the getto.
Well said.. I am about to embark on the mile o' 8 to dodge the potholes and crackheads - ever see the whores coming out the Murray Hill Motel @ 7am in the morning - not a pretty sight - SOMEONE PLEASE TURN OFF THE UGLY LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

So someday I am going to put like $2k in my pocket, get on my bike and ride West until I hit water.. Then maybe ride North or South depending on what I feel like.. I will just buy clothes as I go.. Sounds like a plan to me..

"dope man dope man
hey man give me a hit
dope man dope man
yo man **** that ****
dope man dope man
we just can't quit
dope man dope man
well suck this bitch"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
I've noticed that as well, I have no idea why that is. . :lol: That's typically why I don't ride in groups much, I'm too impatient. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Well said.. I am about to embark on the mile o' 8 to dodge the potholes and crackheads - ever see the whores coming out the Murray Hill Motel @ 7am in the morning - not a pretty sight - SOMEONE PLEASE TURN OFF THE UGLY LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

So someday I am going to put like $2k in my pocket, get on my bike and ride West until I hit water.. Then maybe ride North or South depending on what I feel like.. I will just buy clothes as I go.. Sounds like a plan to me..

"dope man dope man
hey man give me a hit
dope man dope man
yo man **** that ****
dope man dope man
we just can't quit
dope man dope man
well suck this bitch"
Sounds like a great plan.... :dthumb: actually the best.... no plan at all. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,544 Posts
double2000r6 said:
"dope man dope man
hey man give me a hit
dope man dope man
yo man **** that ****
dope man dope man
we just can't quit
dope man dope man
well suck this bitch"
I'm the dope man, yeah boy, wearin' corduroy. Money up to here but unemployed.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I don't know about all of this...

When WOS rides we usually have a set plan on where we are going... usually dependant on where we want to eat lunch that day... but... it works ok for us... I don't care, I will just follow, as long as I'm riding!!
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gas Man said:
I don't know about all of this...

When WOS rides we usually have a set plan on where we are going... usually dependant on where we want to eat lunch that day... but... it works ok for us... I don't care, I will just follow, as long as I'm riding!!
That's what Im talking about. We usually come up with a general direction then what's in that direction such as where to stop for lunch. That's pretty much it.

I will use the going home line the next time my wife ask where we are going just to see how hard I get hit. :whistle: :bash: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Oh how true that is! I don't know why either, just a women thing I guess. Unless I actually have somewhere to go, I just ride around, and if I see a new road that looks interesting, I take it! I figure I don't have to be to work until 7:30 the next morning, I should be able to find my way back home by then :wink: Like yesterday (sunday) I went out for a lil trip and headed south towards the Florida Keys since it's beautiful scenery on the way down there. After about 3 hours or so, I'm down in Marathon Key, started to get hungry so I found some place to eat, filled up with gas, and meandered my way back home since it was getting later in the afternoon. Got back and was pleasantly suprised to find my highest MPG on my bike to date... 47.3 MPG :dthumb: But I just ride for the sake of riding and enjoying it. I love travelling and do the same thing with my car as well, but it's alot more fun on the bike. Since I put a few miles on my bike in a short time (14k miles in 4 1/2 months), people always ask me with this :skep: :scratch: look on their face "So, where do you go???". Since I can't really give a specific answer, I just say "everywhere!", LOL
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
thirdgenlxi said:
Oh how true that is! I don't know why either, just a women thing I guess. Unless I actually have somewhere to go, I just ride around, and if I see a new road that looks interesting, I take it! I figure I don't have to be to work until 7:30 the next morning, I should be able to find my way back home by then :wink: Like yesterday (sunday) I went out for a lil trip and headed south towards the Florida Keys since it's beautiful scenery on the way down there. After about 3 hours or so, I'm down in Marathon Key, started to get hungry so I found some place to eat, filled up with gas, and meandered my way back home since it was getting later in the afternoon. Got back and was pleasantly suprised to find my highest MPG on my bike to date... 47.3 MPG :dthumb: But I just ride for the sake of riding and enjoying it. I love travelling and do the same thing with my car as well, but it's alot more fun on the bike. Since I put a few miles on my bike in a short time (14k miles in 4 1/2 months), people always ask me with this :skep: :scratch: look on their face "So, where do you go???". Since I can't really give a specific answer, I just say "everywhere!", LOL
dude you posted the same exact thing i was going to say
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top