Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has picked out a 2007 GSXR 600. I was wondering what is a fair price. I dont want to pay too much. Has anyone bought an 07? What did you pay? I offered 8000 out the door with a icon leather jacket and a 300 dollar helmet, they should do that right?:twfrox:

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
My wife has picked out a 2007 GSXR 600. I was wondering what is a fair price. I dont want to pay too much. Has anyone bought an 07? What did you pay? I offered 8000 out the door with a icon leather jacket and a 300 dollar helmet, they should do that right?:twfrox:
I presume she knows how to ride?? Sounds like a fair offer to me but ya never know with dealers :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I presume she knows how to ride?? Sounds like a fair offer to me but ya never know with dealers :lol:
Yeah she can ride. She's still a newbie but I think she'll out grow the ninja 250 so I want to get her something she can ride for a couple years.

The guy at the dealer just called me and said he could do 8200 plus tax tag and doc. Thats without the jacket or helmet. I think he's trying to rip me off.:cursin:

·
Premium Member
11,484 Posts
Yeah she can ride. She's still a newbie but I think she'll out grow the ninja 250 so I want to get her something she can ride for a couple years.

The guy at the dealer just called me and said he could do 8200 plus tax tag and doc. Thats without the jacket or helmet. I think he's trying to rip me off.:cursin:
That sounds about right for a normal stealership.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts

shop around more, or tell him you was offered your deal else where n see if they match it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think I paid $8300 for mine. (trying to remember) 2007 600 Gixxer. That wasn't including tax/title etc.... I think offering $8000 plus the coat/helmet and tax/title is a little much. Good luck with that one :whistle:

One thing you have going for you is the 08's are coming out. So you might get lucky....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I paid $8300 for mine. (trying to remember) 2007 600 Gixxer. That wasn't including tax/title etc.... I think offering $8000 plus the coat/helmet and tax/title is a little much. Good luck with that one :whistle:

One thing you have going for you is the 08's are coming out. So you might get lucky....
I got the honda dealer to do $8500 out the door with a $400 jacket on a 07 CBR600 just like mine. Now i just have to talk her into it.:dthumb:
Thats a better deal than the one I got.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I got the honda dealer to do $8500 out the door with a $400 jacket on a 07 CBR600 just like mine. Now i just have to talk her into it.:dthumb:
Thats a better deal than the one I got.
Well... I don't know the height of your wife but the Gixxer will be a better fit for her if she is short. Second on the list would be the CBR as far as fit is concerned. I was way more comfortable on the Gixxer even though I liked the CBR as well :drool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sounds about right for a normal stealership.
C'mon enough down talkin the dealership. I work for a car dealer and you might not believe me but I don't rip people off.:dthumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with waiting until the 08' come out. You only got a few more months or riding and about 1 month until the 08's are on the showroom floor if they arent already. You might get lucky and find someone that bought an 07 last year and wanting to upgrade now and get it for 2000 less then what you are wanting to spend. Dealerships dont usually like used bikes on the showroom so they usually push them out. Sounds like a perfect christmas present to me. It is only 3 months away.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SOLD! Thank for all the imput. I just bought the CBR. She is excited. She went and took the test for her permit and passed on the first try. Now I'm gonna sign her up for the safety class.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts