Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How could you miss something as big as the ocean???

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, FLORIDA--A 25-year-old woman was taken by helicopter in critical condition to Halifax Medical Center today after jumping off the South Causeway bridge and landing in Manatee Park on Riverside Drive. New Smyrna Beach police said Nicole Rogers jumped from the span at 9:25 a.m in an apparent suicide attempt. Someone had called police about a suspicious person on the bridge. When the officer arrived, he found Rogers on the outside of the bridge's railing, getting ready to jump. Negotiators were notified, but Rogers leapt and struck the grassy area in Manatee Park, about 40 feet below, police said.

EVAC spokesperson Mark O'Keefe said the woman was taken to the hospital by helicopter in critical condition .

Police said Rogers is a New Smyrna Beach resident but could not provide her address.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Who cares, let her jump if she is that desperate to end it all.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Last year my boss was on his way back from Atlanta, and some guy was trying to attempt suicide so there was rescue squads and cops everywhere on the bridge. My boss finally go to drive by after waiting on the bridge for hours, and he yelled "Jump FKR!! get it over with"

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yo Bee, if you recall thats the State Road 44 bridge that goes to Bethune Beach and dead ends down there. So she must have jumped into the Hallifax River.

I lived all of 7 miles from there. I guess it speaks for Bert Fish medical center when you jump off a bridge 1/8 of a mile from a hospital and they fly you via helicopter to one in another city. :scratch:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
snakemann said:
Yo Bee, if you recall thats the State Road 44 bridge that goes to Bethune Beach and dead ends down there. So she must have jumped into the Hallifax River.

I lived all of 7 miles from there. I guess it speaks for Bert Fish medical center when you jump off a bridge 1/8 of a mile from a hospital and they fly you via helicopter to one in another city. :scratch:
maybe they didn't have the facilities or resources to care for the patient. :scratch:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Im pretty certain they dont. It's not a trauma center so Im sure Halifax was a better option.

This is what bugged me "Police said Rogers is a New Smyrna Beach resident but could not provide her address."

I love how the internet and public data has turned the media into an invasive information source. The girl tried to kill herself by jumping off a bridge, not taking a few pain pills or scratching her wrist B.S. cry for attention like most of what I see. So in light of that she certianly doesn't need the media or anyone else showing up @ her residence.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
she'll go to a mental institution for a LONG time if she lives. but I'm sure she will have many fines, and arrested too.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
If they want to jump let them.. call it population control... that seems to be a theme in another thread... :nonod:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ace said:
Who cares, let her jump if she is that desperate to end it all.
Hitler, shared your same opinion for those who suffer from mental illness ;)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
DLITALIEN said:
She's gonna get arrested isn't she? Isn't that illegal, attempted suicide?
Lets hope so, maybe she will get help she needs :cheers:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
she will get attention...if she wants it or not...we have the Baker Act here in Florida where you can be committed, against your will or family's, for as long as "the authorities" deem necessary...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts