Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with that in mind… how many of you cats carry a tire repair kit along with you as your rides and what do you have? What other emergency repair kits/tools do you carry along with you? … it is obvious that as long as Murphy has anything to do with life… “If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to goes wrong. Corollary: If there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then.”

I tend to carry what I need to get to the battery… but this is a new year… so it’s time for a change… and be more prepared..

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Low said:
So with that in mind… how many of you cats carry a tire repair kit along with you as your rides and what do you have? What other emergency repair kits/tools do you carry along with you? … it is obvious that as long as Murphy has anything to do with life… “If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to goes wrong. Corollary: If there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then.”

I tend to carry what I need to get to the battery… but this is a new year… so it’s time for a change… and be more prepared..
I carry not cash or tools. To much weight..... :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yup my tool is my cell phone, even though there are dead spots on the only 2 way out of my small town. lol but i figure if it breaks that bad while im riding or just shuts off, there is nothing i will be able to do along side the road. so i keep a cell phone in my pocket

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
zx636r said:
yup my tool is my cell phone, even though there are dead spots on the only 2 way out of my small town. lol but i figure if it breaks that bad while im riding or just shuts off, there is nothing i will be able to do along side the road. so i keep a cell phone in my pocket

For once you are right....:lol:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zx636r said:
When I first pickup my 12... the battery was low and when I stopped to get gas out in the country, it would not start up again... I at least knew that all I needed was to give er' a jump but would have cost me 200$+ to get it towed home or anywhere else... but it cost me 20$ for the tools to get to and open up the bay and give er' a jump... I believe it's better / cheaper to have a little know how... then to be spend unnecessary cash...

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Low said:
When I first pickup my 12... the battery was low and when I stopped to get gas out in the country, it would not start up again... I at least knew that all I needed was to give er' a jump but would have cost me 200$+ to get it towed home or anywhere else... but it cost me 20$ for the tools to get to and open up the bay and give er' a jump... I believe it's better / cheaper to have a little know how... then to be spend unnecessary cash...

I would have just bumped started it by pushing it. So theres you know-how.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
and for once i agree with twisty. lol
and if you need a jump just do what i do. stand in middle of parking lot and start yelling "does anyone have jumper cables, PLEASE" and it works like a charm every time. had to do it twice so far with my jeep. ppl that came even told me they wehre a little hesitant to help because i sounded pycho yelling. but then they saw me and realized i was normal and just needed jumped.

and i def aint pluging no tire on the side of the road and then riding it somewhere.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zx636r said:
and for once i agree with twisty. lol
and if you need a jump just do what i do. stand in middle of parking lot and start yelling "does anyone have jumper cables, PLEASE" and it works like a charm every time. had to do it twice so far with my jeep. ppl that came even told me they wehre a little hesitant to help because i sounded pycho yelling. but then they saw me and realized i was normal and just needed jumped.

and i def aint pluging no tire on the side of the road and then riding it somewhere.
Little hard to do... alone on a flat spot... but you can call your local PD... and they will send a wreaker to you and give you a jump for free... in my area just dial 311... :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I got one better than all of that... while I do carry my OEM tool kit (yes barely usefull), and my cell phone. But I carry one item that is worth more than ALL OF THAT!!! My Gold AAA card... which will eventow my bike on a flat bed free of charge!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i will agree with pop starting on flat gound sucks but it works.you just gotta run like he!! and then as your flopping ur arse on the seat you ahve to let out the clutch so it grabs.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah.. sure... I'ld like to see somebody "Run real Fast" pushing that 12... That bad boy is heavy... but on flat ground. :nonod: On a hill sure but a flat parking lot... :nonod:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
This push to go procedure is a FOR SURE THING!! WOS has did it many times... R6, Triumph, TLS, and many others...

And as far as AAA...

You have to start with a standard membership which is like $45 a year. It sucks...only tows your car like 25 miles...then you're on the tab! And it WON'T tow anything but a standard car/truck. And it only has like 3 call outs a year.

You have to have that for like 2 years before you can get to the AAA Plus RV Gold membership card. $75 a year + $40 per additional card. That will tow you 100 miles and 6 times a year and it will tow your car/truck + a trailer, a RV, a bike and or anything else you may be driving or pulling.

That's the real deal! I've been a member sense like 1996. I buy one for myself and the wife. It cost about $115 a year and it pays itself off in 1 MC tow!!!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Yes; I do carry a plug kit (the rope cord type). I will plug front or rear to get home or to a shop to have the tire replaced. :cursin:
Cell phones are a big plus! :dthumb: Even if you have to walk to get reception. :cursin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.