Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Huge thanks to Twisty and Super from WOS for comin out today to help me out with(translated:do) my fork springs and fluid change!

Why do a fluid change?

These are some pictures of the 1 maybe 2 year old fluid from my forks. 6500 Miles or so on this fluid. I assume its supposed to be clearish red...

And this stuff was see through green before being dumped in, swished around, and dumped out.

Pics may not do that fluid justice, but trust me it was NASTY!

Here's my new high tech forks. Nobody has anything on me with these!

Forks of Doom!

:D

Ok, so here is her real front legs back on :)

Super was the man, he made this project fly by in about 1 1/2 hours. I definitely suggest that anyone who is wondering about their fork fluid to change it!! Its not so bad!

·
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:cheers:

Now the good stuff. The ride is sooooooooooooooo much better. When I took off I could tell by the end of the block that it was soo nice. First I headed to all the nasty bumpy ass streets that normally give me a nasty time and bottom my forks out frequently. I flew right over em w/o even noticing they were there. Didn't notice any skipping either, which would be a sign of too stiff. Then I hit a few of the corners I like around town, and I was at amazed at how nice it was. My corner speed instantly went up with the change. No worries about bumps mid corner anymore, before they were a bitch because they would also bottom out my forks.

I think those spacers are fine twisty and super, but I won't know for sure until I set my sag. I was trying to see by just looking how far they were compressing when I sat down, but its too hard to tell on your own.

Totally happy with the results.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Glad to help a brother out Pickle . The Superhawk sounds like it will just need a sag adjustment , sorry we didnt have time to set it i had to get back for dinner with friends .. If you still need it done next time we see you it only takes about 5 minutes .

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Glad to hear it went well POD!!! Did you do anything to get rid of that drooning v-twin sound that I had to listen to all day? :D :lol:

·
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha nope..... whatsa matter GasMan, was the hypnotic buzzing making ya a bit sleepy back there? :D

yeah super I will set the sag next time a couple of my friends are over to help out. I think I need to crank the preload up on my rear a bit as well, I backed it off before so It wasnt so stiff compared to the fronts, but now it feels too plush in the back. It is sooo much smoother now though, a lot more confidence inspiring. Im'a goin ridin :D

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Sounds good to me.. As soon as I get over to Dyno's and get it back.. I have been busy moving all weekend - wait a pain in the ass.. I appreciate the help.. Maybe we can get the "Ride Engineer" over there to lend his expertise as well.. I'll buy the Kilians and Pizza...

·
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
twisty said:
How the forks feeling?
Feeling real good! Much better now. I haven't had a chance to set my sag yet, but I think it is going to be all good with those stock size spacers in there. I have the preload backed pretty far out, but I think I have it about right now. No more bottoming the forks out though, thats for sure!

·
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She was a model for a sportbike forum I used to post on... Sportbikecity.org .. She was one of 2 main models that did stuff just for them... I don't know if something happened to the admin or what, but one day it just said "Sorry, forums down for repair"... That was over a year ago, now its just a 404 not found :(

Edit: attached the full pic for ya

1 - 17 of 17 Posts