Two Wheel Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how you guys get down to the gap. Do you ride the bikes and have a support van follow with extra supplies, clothes, etc? Or do you ride with backpacks and unload in the hotel? Or do you just trailer the bikes down and have all gear, etc. packed in the truck?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
I was just wondering how you guys get down to the gap. Do you ride the bikes and have a support van follow with extra supplies, clothes, etc? Or do you ride with backpacks and unload in the hotel? Or do you just trailer the bikes down and have all gear, etc. packed in the truck?
My guess is trailer them down....thats how they got here to PA, and the Gap's a lot farther. Talk about walkin bow-legged!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Well that is a good question. This year the "plan" was to trailer them all down. But someone and I won't mention any names, ACE, had to unload in Toledo and ride back home and then he rode all the way down to meet up with the fellas and lady that all trailered the other bikes down. Far too far to ride and then spend a few days riding. Much better to trailer down there and relax on the way there and back and save your serious riding for the gap.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
thats an aweful long ride man..its bad enuff from PA, let alone adding another 8 hours on top of that. trailer those bad boys, and meet us on the way.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Well that is a good question. This year the "plan" was to trailer them all down. But someone and I won't mention any names, ACE, had to unload in Toledo and ride back home and then he rode all the way down to meet up with the fellas and lady that all trailered the other bikes down. Far too far to ride and then spend a few days riding. Much better to trailer down there and relax on the way there and back and save your serious riding for the gap.
:rofl:
If I posted on BMW forum would be trailering bike to gap, I would be banned :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
jetskifast said:
If I posted on BMW forum would be trailering bike to gap, I would be banned :yesnod:
Mighty proud of you. Why don't you ride the BMW up here to Michigan so we can have a face to face conversation. :bash:

The point of the gap is not to ride 12 hours and have your balls aching so you don't feel like riding on the dragon and then hating life riding back 12 hours - the point is to enjoy riding the dragon. But hey I wouldn't expect someone as ignorant as you to understand that. The only thing that exceeds your bad looks and bs is your ignorance.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
jetskifast said:

if ur gonna ride to the gap, from cali..I wanna see how well you can stand up and walk when you get there! :lol:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
if ur gonna ride to the gap, from cali..I wanna see how well you can stand up and walk when you get there! :lol:
K1200RS forum www.i-bmw.com has four day get together at Gap every year :thumbs: People drive their bike from all over country :yesnod:
Few times a year drive my bike to vacation home, 865 miles one way, in one day.:yesnod: No problems at all.
Been MC rider for over twenty four years owned many rice rockets, I know you are lucky to drive rice rocket 200 miles in one day.
Main reason for me purchasing BMW K1200RS was comfort and performace. 95% of riders cannot keep up with me in curves, other 5% can really ride and know how use their bikes performance.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
jetskifast said:
K1200RS forum 95% of riders cannot keep up with m...finitely school you if you need a lesson. :D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
And I have seen first hand from the WOS guys and I know for a fact that they are part of the 5% and will definitely school you if you need a lesson. :D
Will take out that other 5% when I purchase BMW K1200S next year :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Thanks for the words of praise DJ! I was just trying to make a good impression w/o getting out of control. Next year at the GAP is going to be off the hook!!

MP made a good point. The real deal is to go there, ride the GAP, have fun, hang out, drink, party down, sleep and do it all over again for about 5 days straight!!!! I'm thinkin in '05 the WOS GAP ride is going to be about 10-20 deep! Especially with the TWF support and riders!!!

Jetski, the other problem about riding to the GAP is this... If you ahve a mechanical problem, then you're screwed!!! If, God for bid, you go down and F somin on the bike or yourself up, you're screwed!!! If you go down in the GAP and need to get back to the hotel and get tools and parts from a dealer and such, and you don't have the means to haul the bike to where ever, you're screwed!!! See my point?!?!

Trailer/truckin the bikes down there is always the best decision. Now if there are a few guys that feel like riding down there, good but it is always best to have room on the truck/trailer to allow them to hitch a ride back...or we play musical bike rider all the way back to MI!!!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
This guy is so funny. He can "outride" 95% of people. He has been riding for over twenty years. He has countless bikes and a Vette. Probably a 15 year old punk trying to act cool on the net or something.

Jetski - if you can outrun Twisty on the gap I will pay for your whole trip over there and back plus pay for your hotel, food, prostitutes (probably gay ones for you) and whatever else. You are so full of it. Ride that BMW 800+ miles then get on the Dragon.

Why don't you stick to what you know - unfortunately that would be absolutely nothing. Now go clean the bathroom or something.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
all i know is..yes the nice ride from cali down to the gap, with a group of riders could be alot of fun..the scenery, the long stretches to open it up, the twisties..etc...although I'd hope you'd have a truck following you for repairs, extra gear, etc. but that being said..riding for days on end just to get to a place to ride even more aggressive..WOW!! sport-tourer, superbike, whatever, poor weather conditions, bike issues, etc...all that slows you down and can throw a wrench in ur plans for sure.

but whatever floats ur boat..i'd rather get down there by trailering the bike, and be fresh to kick some ass... :)

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Hopefully I have a trailer worked out by then. If so I'll probably head down there too! I had hoped to get down there this year, plan was to ride down there, but then after talking with some people and looking at the route ( all e-way unless you have a lot of time to find backroads), I decided riding down there and back would've been too much in the time I had.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Don't worry Pickle WOS will put you in the mix, you can tag along with us for sure!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
double2000r6 said:
This guy is so funny. He can "outride" 95% of people. He has been riding for over twenty years. He has countless bikes and a Vette. Probably a 15 year old punk trying to act cool on the net or something.
Well, I CAN vouch that he's not a 15 year old punk because I actually met him at the Corvette Forum cruise-in down in Bowling Green a couple years ago. However, we didn't talk long enough for me to find out whether he's a nice guy with odd views or a trouble starter.
And, knowing BMW guys and Harley guys, he probably would be banned from the BMW forum for trailering his bike. But they do what they do, and we do what we do. I would trailer my bike to the gap as well because of the extra gear issue. However, I'm not going to take sides in this, and I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
double2000r6 said:

Jetski - if you can outrun Twisty on the gap I will pay for your whole trip over there and back plus pay for your hotel, food, prostitutes (probably gay ones for you) and whatever else. You are so full of it. Ride that BMW 800+ miles then get on the Dragon.

Why don't you stick to what you know - unfortunately that would be absolutely nothing. Now go clean the bathroom or something.
Are you same guy who posted he is cash strapped :crazy: What are chances I would be paid on winning bet :lol: If you had your life together you would not be in finanical pickle :thumbs:
If twisty is top 5% rider my RS will not keep up with him, next year bet is on with my 1200S bike :thumbs:
Captain Morgan is correct, made trip to Corvetteforums cruise in last two years Bowling Green, Ky :cheers:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.