Two Wheel Forums banner

Would like to know what they r and used 4

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
HI I am new to the sportbike and to this forum i recently bought a Honda CBR 600 F4I 2006. Great bike love it i would like to do some mods to it undertail and exhust and all but i really would like to know what a rev limiter is and power command and what do they do stupid sounding i know but i want to know. thanks ........... jack :bonk

#2 ·
newtothegame said:
HI I am new to the sportbike and to this forum i recently bought a Honda CBR 600 F4I 2006. Great bike love it i would like to do some mods to it undertail and exhust and all but i really would like to know what a rev limiter is and power command and what do they do stupid sounding i know but i want to know. thanks ........... jack :bonk
A rev limiter is built into your bike and makes a real funky noise when you get too high in the revs...basically it's an idiot-proofing of your bike to keep you from blowing your motor up.

A power commander is something you buy, but you really only need one if you are buying a full system. In simple terms, a PC helps you get the most out of your bikes power. You can tune out flat spots and you can download maps that will optimize the system you put on the bike to get the most power out of it. It's a must with a full system, but not really needed for a slip on. That's the basics...if you need more specifics, just shout.

You'll love your bike...Oh, and :welcome: ...You'll really like it here. :welcome:

Laura

#6 ·
welcome....good first choice for a bike! F4Is are nice and not too crazy for a first sport bike...

but....you mentioned you want the undertail exhaust.....you should have gotten the 600RR then for 400 bucks more......cause its gonna cost you more than 1000 to have an undertail installed at this point....oh well...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.