Two Wheel Forums banner

Would you like to see a motocross forum?

• Yes, great idea. I'd post there

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • I have no opinion, doesn't matter to me

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • No, we don't need another forum. What's next, Harleys?

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • We should get rid of some little forums before adding new ones

Votes: 3 4.3%
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
833 Posts
I started riding in dirt and still love it- I love anything offroad, but I voted no. I come here for specific conversation- Sport bikes. If I want off road conversation I'll go to an offroad forum. I don't think it's necessary to mix the forum. If someone wants to post what they do offroad- great we can discuss it, but does it warrant its own forum? I don't think we'd have the traffic to keep it interesting for very long. :2cents:

· Registered
120 Posts
i joined this forum because it said internet's SPORTBIKE community. i think must people surfing the net for dirtbike forums would rather join a dirtbike forum. not a sportbike forum with a small section for dirtbikes. and why do the sportbike community always have to extend a hand of friendship to the other cycle communities. in most sportbike mags you see some small article or small write up on the latest harley or goldwing or enduro thingy. but in the harley, dirtbiker, v twin, custom biker, quad rider, mags, they hardly if any post a sportbike related article or even an ad. most don't even wave back to you on the road. if people want to talk about dirtbikes let them go to the OFF TOPIC section or join a DIRTBIKE community. just MHO :thx1: .....................

· Administrator
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well then by everyones response and using the same logic, we should get rid of everthing not sport bike related like the Off Topic forum and the Drag Racing forum.
No, I don't necessarily believe that. The major discussion revolves around the site's purpose: sportbikes in our case. Nearly all boards have an OT section where members can discuss anything they want.

I can see the argument for dirt if we have drag, for instance. And, like I earlier, I'm not for or against, just looking for opinions. I do have a responsibility, however, to keep the site sportbike centric.

· Registered
10,089 Posts
No, I don't necessarily believe that. The major discussion revolves around the site's purpose: sportbikes in our case. Nearly all boards have an OT section where members can discuss anything they want.

I can see the argument for dirt if we have drag, for instance. And, like I earlier, I'm not for or against, just looking for opinions. I do have a responsibility, however, to keep the site sportbike centric.
Off Topic is not sportbike related.

· Registered
3,420 Posts
Why is that? Lost of SportBikes drag race.
:iagree: damn I guess nobody wants a dirt forum oh well it funny how the most acftive forum on here is off topic but I was all for a dirt forum...:cry: I guess it wouldn't have any traffic though so..:idk: hell al;ot of dual sport type bikes have alot of the same characteristics of sport bikes they are just designed to be as at home on a dirt road as they are on a twisty road.

· Registered
4,338 Posts
Most of my posting is in OT anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me. Now, if I had a dirtbike, then a motocross forum would be a good place for technical stuff, but I'm not sure we have enough dirtbike folks here to warrant a dedicated area for it.

· Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,656 Posts
instead of motoX i think just the title dirt, and see what happens, if it sucks, then lets nix it, if it is good, keep it

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.