Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I went back to KY to visit friends and family over July 4th weekend, I unloaded the bike within the first hour I got to my parents house at 9 pm. I headed out to meet and ride with KatanaMan. We stopped at the gas station real quick and my phone rang, it was my dad. He told me there had been a motorcycle accident right up the street from the house. I told him it wasn't me, and he asked if I knew this Keith kid, I told him no.

Well it turns out my little brother and his friends knew him real good, and they were waiting to go out to dinner with him, they kept calling him and leaving voice mail's on his cell phone. Well he didn't answer the cell phone becuase he didn't make it. He passed while in care of life line support in the chopper. My best friend lived right down the street from him while they were younger, so I am sure I've seen or met him before.

Here's the story (its not long)

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
That sucks. Unfortunately he had the helmet on and still didn't live but it also wasn't the cause of death. Now the other broad at the end of the article was on her way home from buying the bike and didn't have a helmet on. I couldn't even imagine not wearing a helmet these days (or any other). Sad stories.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DLITALIEN said:
That sucks. Unfortunately he had the helmet on and still didn't live but it also wasn't the cause of death. Now the other broad at the end of the article was on her way home from buying the bike and didn't have a helmet on. I couldn't even imagine not wearing a helmet these days (or any other). Sad stories.
Yeah well she was a squid!

This keith kid was apparently a Dodge Ram freak, he had a big red one, and one of his friends started to joke and said man atleast he went with what he loved...on his R6, and if ya can't Dodge it Ram it. I want to laugh but its really not funny.
The guy that said it is an idiot and you would expect something stupid to come from him like that.

He was just going too fast around an S curve and crossed the center line.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
SVupON1 said:
Yeah well she was a squid!

This keith kid was apparently a Dodge Ram freak, he had a big red one, and one of his friends started to joke and said man atleast he went with what he loved...on his R6, and if ya can't Dodge it Ram it. I want to laugh but its really not funny.
The guy that said it is an idiot and you would expect something stupid to come from him like that.

He was just going too fast around an S curve and crossed the center line.
yeah that sucks.........i have come close to doing that but i just keep leaning......but i bet it took ten years off my heart

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Man thats too bad bro.. squid or not, its always terrible to see another rider fallen.

Stuff like this just doesnt have to happen, but alas, it inevitably will..

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bulldog said:
yeah that sucks.........i have come close to doing that but i just keep leaning......but i bet it took ten years off my heart
Now I know all of us that have been riding for years have gone over the yellow line, just been lucky no car was comming. I don't care how good we are we've all done it at some point. I will admit I have pushed it so hard in turns I've crossed the yellow line. If I am down on my knee I can't lean any further! I just need to slow it down some times! whatta rush!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
There's not doubt Ive crossed the yellow before coming into or out of a turn, and was praying to God a car wasnt coming who was hugging the inside. Its a rush for sure, but man it makes u think twice about being extra careful!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is sad...my prayers go out to his family and loved ones! :angelhap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts