Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Oh my! A friend of mine also hit a deer one time on his bike and I believe he came out with a broken collar bone and that's it.

I hope you get better soon! Thank goodness you are smart and wear gear!

Best wishes! :hug:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I would say you got off... good... I know cats the ruptured their spleen after a date with Bambi... and even buzzards.... but glad to here you'll be ok... :luck:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
This makes me glad I dumped mine instead of hitting that deer last season!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I did dump my bike last year instead of hitting the deer... it wasn't exactly what I would have loved to do but it sure beats every other story I hear about the rider hitting the deer! Sorry to hear yours didn't turn out all that well...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
What'd you do GasMan, just go into a low side???

I love country roads, but it's shyt like this that makes me enjoy our relatively empty interstates that much more. :crazy:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Damn...hope you get better soon.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well it was kinda a mild high side... the bike threw me to the left as it went down on it's left side and kept going... I went tumbling towards on-coming traffic lanes and then it was all done... scratched up bike, no scratched up rider due to full leather riding gear!!!

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
There's a video called F4i vs deer or something like that in the video section. Do a search and check it out.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Pigface1 said:
I love country roads, but it's shyt like this that makes me enjoy our relatively empty interstates that much more. :crazy:
I see more deer on the interstate than on back roads.
That being said, my near miss (on bike) was on a back road in broad daylight.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
good luck and heal up quick man, im sorry about those damn 4 legged deathwish carrying bambi's!!! i noticed you getting rid of you bike... even plan on riding again?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah don't let this stop you from riding...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts