Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a project bike, running or not. Sportbike/cruiser/dual purpose. My plans are to do a frame up custom. I haven't had any luck locating anything suitable (read: super cheap) over the winter. I have checked ebay, but no luck. The salvage yards have turned up little also (go figure, winter in Canada :wink: ) Please drop me a line if you're interested in getting rid of a heap. Thanks. :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
find out how to get bikes from insurace companies when they total them, you could prob get a new bike for dirt cheap.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
It takes a insider at the insurance company to know when a bike is coming up for auction and if its going to be a closed bid or open bid.
Most insurance companies do closed bids. You place a bid seal it in an envelope and send it in. After the end date the bids are opened and the highest amount gets it.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Really cheap being what??? under $1K USD??? or what

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like a sub $500CDN rolling chassis would be ideal. The motor doesn't need to run because it's getting replaced. A buddy of mine (who'll be helping with the build) is testing a new cnc program he developed and is going to do all of the bracketry. Having a solid frame and all the OEM nic-naks/electronics etc.. will just help in the process. All if any plastic will be new fabrication.

FWIW we have done a little work on a salvaged Bandit 600, but it's my buds bike (he's also the one who wrecked it) and he doesn't want to go to crazy with it. Actually it looks pretty damn near stock. I on the other hand want to do a custom of some sort without getting sunk financially.

:dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's like $425 USD!!! :yikes: that might get you a front wheel!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts