Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2Wheel Tuner is looking for a wrecked/salvage bike for a magazine project buildup. Need a mainstream sportbike - Yam, Suz, Kaw, Hon 600-1000cc. Year 2000-2004. Price $0-2000 depending on condition.

Turning this into a daily rider/track bike.

If you know of something please let us know via PM.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I hope you find one, it's fun to watch bikes that have been wrecked turn into something really cool. :bike:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
how wrecked/salvaged are we talking about here..totally mangled, or just alittle banged up ? :bike:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need4Speed750 said:
how wrecked/salvaged are we talking about here..totally mangled, or just alittle banged up ? :bike:
Are you going to "customize" one for us? ;)

We're looking for something that still has the frame intact and a running engine. Anything else we can replace with bolt-on upgrades - rims, exhaust, forks, brakes, swingarm, bodywork, etc. :ack:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
2WheelTuner said:
Are you going to "customize" one for us? ;)

We're looking for something that still has the frame intact and a running engine. Anything else we can replace with bolt-on upgrades - rims, exhaust, forks, brakes, swingarm, bodywork, etc. :ack:
Not quite that talented to do that myself, but I might know of one..I'll check into it with in the next day or so, and get back to ya. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
The bike I was looking into was a 2000 ZX6. A friend of mine who I havnt seen in a few months, lives out of state..emailed me awhile back, and told me a drunk driver backed into his ride, and told me it was pretty smashed up. I hadnt heard from him in awhile so I asked him about his ride, and what he planned on doing with etc. I just talked to him last nite online, and here all it was is a busted headlight, fairing, and dented/scratched fender. He's getting around to fixing it he said, but from what I can tell, it's not quite beat up enough to warrant him giving it up, although he may change his mind. . He initally made it sound worse than it actually is. If anything changes with him, I'll let you guys know,and keep an eye open for others.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I wish I would have seen this 2 weeks ago. A buddy just got his '02 954 "totalled" due to $$$ value from a, get this, parking lot tip over! The insurance company only wanted $3100 for it and it only had 2000 miles on it. It had plastic scratchs, scratch on the swing arm, and a bent front rotor....that's it! A bit more than you wanted but it would have been great! Sorry...but I'll keep my eyes open.

What about ebay or any auctions??

Are you guys going to advertise this somehow in Royal Oak on a Thursday??? There are plenty of squids there that probably own squided up bikes... :lol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Is that official terminology? :smilelol:
squided!! :smilelol: thats good! I knew squid was official, but I didnt know squided was. :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
You never heard of squided?? Here I will use it in a sentence for you.

The sun is very bright today so I squided them to block out the sun. :smilelol:

I am so wrong. :)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Is that official terminology? :smilelol:
Unfortuanatly, not. I have never been a squid or squided out! :smilelol: But I like the new word "squided". It seems to fit...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I work at a dealership that specializes in salvage bikes. We also happen to love your magazine. I talked to the boss & he said that it would be no problem to hook you up with a bike at cost. Just give us your zip code & a general idea of what you're looking for and we can find the right bike within a reasonable pickup distance. Just email or give us a call.

Thanks
979-216-9043
[email protected]

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
mrinal_cbr600 said:
Hey,

I work at a dealership that specializes in salvage bikes. We also happen to love your magazine. I talked to the boss & he said that it would be no problem to hook you up with a bike at cost. Just give us your zip code & a general idea of what you're looking for and we can find the right bike within a reasonable pickup distance. Just email or give us a call.

Thanks
979-216-9043
[email protected]

:cool: and :welcome:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
When I was at the suzuki shop tuesday picking up my bike from service..we were BSn drinking a few beers...they have a silver 04 SV650 that got salvaged out. The bike is for the most part in good shape. From what I saw the clutch handle was broke, the fairings were scratched/cracked, and the gas tank was scratched and dented.
If you want any more info I can give you the suzuki shop contact info.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts