Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CBR Rider said:
Eric Buell is a genius. Too bad he just can't seem to get it together enough to seriously compete with the Japanese...
A formidable task... but wouldn't that cool to consider a Buell over a Zook or something?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would consider a Buell (if it didn't have a Sportster engine - sorry HD fans, but the Sportster is NOT a sportsbike and it's power plant doesn't need to be in one).

I think people get too focused on peek #'s and forget that most of the time you are riding your bike in the mid-range. All these new Japanese bikes have pretty narrow HP and torque curves, which most people (racers excluded) will see only occasionally.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CBR Rider said:
I would consider a Buell (if it didn't have a Sportster engine - sorry HD fans, but the Sportster is NOT a sportsbike and it's power plant doesn't need to be in one).
I agree... If I want a Sportster engine, I'll buy a Sportster. :bonk:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
I agree... If I want a Sportster engine, I'll buy a Sportster. :bonk:
Same here.....

and since I'll never own a sportster, I guess that puts me out of HD fraternity...oh darn
;)

I just can't get into a Buell at all...dont care for the style or the performance, or lack thereof..but thats just me

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a chance to take a close look at one at the bike show last January and I like them. I'm waiting for our local HD/Buell shop to have a test ride day and maybe take one for a spin. It will be interesting after riding Kawi's for the last 9 years.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
They had some buell test rides at the carlisle bike fest a month ago..definately not a bike to have if you planning on taking a passenger for any significant amount of time. every person that came back from sitting behind the rider complained of an uncomfortable seat, and hot a$$ :shock:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Rode a buell a few times and the only thing i like about it was how nice it huged the corners. The pics does look nice but not sure if I would buy one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
I just can't get into a Buell at all...dont care for the style or the performance, or lack thereof..but thats just me
sorry dude, I totaly cant agree, I just bought a xb12 last weekend, the thing is so awesome, it performs better in the corners than my friends R1 and dont talk about style. thats the whole thing buell has over any jap bike. its a damn cool bike dude, go out and ride one. great suspention (if set up properly) and personally, i think the harley engine just makes the bike all the more bad-ass. it doesnt perform as well,but it also doesnt sound like a sewing machine.

its all preference, but people dont give the buell any respect. :cheers:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Does anyone else like the look of the perimeter fron disc brake?

i klike it but does it work as good as normal??

·
Registered
9 Posts
bulldog said:
i like it but does it work as good as normal??
well, ive only owned mine for a little over a week, and have only put 500km on it, so I havent pressed the limits yet, but so far it performs great. Six piston calipers adjustable breaking, and great response. im very impressed. ive never riden a bike like this, and so far i just cant stop smiling.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
My brother owns an XB12R, but we haven't had much opportunity to ride it because of the weather. Also, he injured his shoulder at work and had to have surgery, which means he REALLY can't ride, regardless of weather. I'm probably going to have to break it in for him, so I'll let you know how it feels compared to an R6. He and I are also talking about swapping bikes at a track day sometime, just to see the differences.

Oh, and he has a red one, but HATES the gold on the red bike. He had silver wheels put on it when he bought it, then he swapped out the windscreen and had some custom emblems made. We'll have to get some pics posted up here for you all to see.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The Saint said:
Buells are nice bikes. As others have already said, it's the engine that lets that bike down.
That and the belt drive.. Get rid of that belt and it would be a nice bike - with some proper tuning of course..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hay Capt, Here is the picture of my bike. Hey bro, I think I will get it broken when I head down to Florida this spring break. You never now I still might need you to ride it some.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Thanks for posting up the pic, Brad. As I said before, that silver looks SOO much better than the gold.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts