This is WHY I don't like bees!

~ChaRlie *~ :eek:

Yellowjackets Cause Motorcycle Accident

SELINSGROVE, Pa. (AP)

Police say a Selinsgrove man who
was seriously injured in a motor-
cycle accident Thursday was stung
repeatedly by a swarm of yellow jackets,
as were several people trying to help him.

Police say 20-year-old Casey Dodson was
driving a dirt bike without a helmet along
railroad tracks when the accident happened
just before eleven o'clock Thursday morning.

Police officer Mark Wolfberg says he found
Dodson between the tracks with a serious head
injury, screaming in pain.

Two people who had rushed to his aid were at
Dodson's side and yellow jackets were swarming
around him. Wolfberg says they were even in
Dodson's wound. He says, ``It was horrible.''

Dodson is listed in serious condition at Geisinger
Medical Center in Danville.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I hate bees, Im allergic to em... :eek: Guy is damn lucky a train wasnt coming if he was laying between the tracks :nonod:

ok, now the ranting part..why in the word are you gonna go riding, by yourself, near railroad tracks no less, without your lid!!!???!! :confused:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I'm with Matt on this one. I'm allergic to them as well. :( Haven't been stung in a long time and I'm not looking forward to it happening anytime soon.

I hope everything works out for him and he recovers soon.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Hey charliemav, do you know this guy at all ?

wonder how long we was laying there before help arrived? The bees, around our area seem to be possessed this year, they are everywhere and I've read alot of cases over the summer of people who have been attacked by swarms of them..more so than in the past. :(

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
That's freeky. I've had a bee fly into my jacket while it was zipped down for air flow. NOT something I'd like to repeat.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
What luck!! Maybe he should go out and buy a lottery ticket while he's at it!!! :bash:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
That really sucks. One time I was checking my air pressure at a gas station. Damn wasp flew in my coat and I didn't realize it. So I am riding along the road and all of a sudden a sharp pain in my back. I realize it is a bee or something. I swat at it trying to kill it - no dice, just pissed it off. Stung me again - ow gd on the shoulder. Now it flies down my arm - two more stings. By this time I pull over - it stings my arm again because it can't get out. I pull over drop the bike to the ground, rip my coat off and shake the hell out of it. Well the wasp got out just as I was ripping the coat off and stung me on the wrist as he departed. Not a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
That really sucks. One time I was checking my air pressure at a gas station. Damn wasp flew in my coat and I didn't realize it. So I am riding along the road and all of a sudden a sharp pain in my back. I realize it is a bee or something. I swat at it trying to kill it - no dice, just pissed it off. Stung me again - ow gd on the shoulder. Now it flies down my arm - two more stings. By this time I pull over - it stings my arm again because it can't get out. I pull over drop the bike to the ground, rip my coat off and shake the hell out of it. Well the wasp got out just as I was ripping the coat off and stung me on the wrist as he departed. Not a pleasant experience.

geez dude, I think I would have been dead by then after all that.. :eek:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
No stinking wasp is going to hold a good Mudpuppy down.. lol..

I have been known to eat hornets, piss them off to sting my throat and regurgitate bile to reopen my esophagus. You think I'm skered? lol.. I drink anti-freeze for breakfast bro and none of that environmentally safe polyproeylne crap - I am talking straight polyethylene.. lol..

Seriously though that did suck with the wasp. Oh yeah this reminds me of another fine bee story. I am over at my uncle's last week - bright sunny day drinking beer throwing shoes, etc. I am about to leave and he has a for sale sign on his conversion van. So I open the door to check it out. Then I slam the door and immediately notice something that I initially thought was mosquitos flying around - hell no it was gd bees everywhere - I was surrounded by like 200 bees that were living in the door jam of the van! I ran like a mfr and hoped they didn't follow - they didn't. Whoah that was seriously messed up. Damn insects. I really don't mind bees and wasps too much - I have dealt with them during hunting, shooting enough and I am not allergic so they don't bother me - as long as you leave them alone they pretty much won't sting, etc. I could tell you a funnier story but the statue of limitations isn't up yet - give it about 18 months and I will let you in on it.. lol..

Now if you start talking reptiles I am out of here - I hate snakes, lizards, etc.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Yikes..last time I got a bee sting on my forearm, like 2 years ago or so, my entire arm swelled up like a freekin balloon :eek: Freekin bees just seem to love me, but I've been fortunate to getting stung here of late..*knock on wood*

Forget about Wheaties..MP has the real breakfast of champions!!! ...You gonna implement that diet in the public school system cafeteria's afte you get elected in 2008 ? :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You better watch out...That MP just isn't stable. He told me once why but I won't divalge that. However, just think about it, anti-freeze for breakfast. This guy eats bees for snacks. He just isn't right, to make it worse.................he's already reproduced!!!!! WHERE'S THE HUMANITY IN THAT!!!

Nuttin but luv for the MP!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
double2000r6 said:

Damn. After the first or second sting, I would have been off the road with my jacket on the ground. Good thing you are not allergic to them as Matt and I are.

Here's what my hand looks like last time I got stung.

God that F-in hurt.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ouch....I havent been stung in a long time.....dont plan on it anytime soon. about to get cold here. bees go bye bye

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Oh, yeah same here. They hate the cold but not as much as I hate them...DIE DIE DIE you stupid a-holes.... :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts